Shortcodes: Most recent event + archive page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Shortcodes: Most recent event + archive page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gaspar Baksa
    Participant

Hello,

I want to have only the most recent event showing up on the front page
    Also, I would want to have an archive page, with all the past events showing up in backward chronologic order (earliest-top, latest-bottom)
    How is it possible to achieve these using shortcode?

Thanks and Bests,
    Gaspar

Shelby
    Participant

Hey there Gaspar,

I’m happy to help out and answer your questions here! 🙂

1. Shortcode for displaying one event: [tribe_events_list limit=”1″]
    2. Your archive page actually already exists at http://www.yourdomain.com/events/past

Let me know if you need any additional help implementing any of this. 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Gaspar Baksa
    Participant

Hello Shelby,

Thank you for the reply, it works now.
    I don’t find the template file where to style and modify the one event: [tribe_events_list limit=”1″], can you please tell me where I can find it?

Bests,
    Gaspar

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Gaspar,

You shouldn’t need to modify anything in order for it to show the next upcoming event, unless I’m misunderstanding how you are trying to use the shortcode?

You can read more about how you can use the shortcodes and modify them here by the way.

Let me know how this goes! 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Gaspar Baksa
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

Sure, it works in the default way, but I would like to change the appearance (styling, order of showing elements) via some .php template file, like the ones in the plugin/them folder src/views/list or tribe-events/list, and I can’t find the place where to edit this.

Thanks and Bests,
    Gaspar

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Gaspar Baksa.
    Shelby
    Participant

Hey Gaspar,

Unfortunately, we don’t have any resources for customizing the shortcodes like that, so I’ll have to check in with the devs on this one. However, I think that this knowledgebase article may help you accomplish a similar effect. 🙂

Let me know how that goes!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Gaspar Baksa
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

Thank you for the pointer, but I couldn’t dive through it successfully 🙁
    I tried to adjust the templates with some conditional if is_front_page() logic, but it also didn’t work. Tried to make the month.php view template cheating in the view of a list, but it also didn’t work out.
    So, I resorted to simple hiding the unneeded elements via CSS. It is clumsy, but works.

Bests,
    Gaspar

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Gaspar,

Glad to see that you found a way to work this out!

If you ever need more in-depth help than what we’re able to provide on the forums, feel free to also check out our list of freelancers here, but you can always pop in here with any questions you may have. 🙂

Take care,

Shelby 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcodes: Most recent event + archive page’ is closed to new replies.