Shortcodes Don't work!!!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Shortcodes Don't work!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Albertus
    Participant

Dear Support,

Previously I raised a request for the use of shortcodes doesn’t work at all on my site.
    Testing after the latest updates showed that the problem has not been resolved.

Albertus
    Participant

This is the page error:

The http://www.gym64.com page isn’t working

http://www.gym64.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

Albertus
    Participant

Previous thread: Shortcodes don’t work after update 4.3.1.1
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/shortcodes-dont-work-after-update-4-3-1-1/

Albertus
    Participant

In addition, the ‘Events URL slug’ also doesn’t work.
    http://www.gym64.com/calendar/

George
    Participant

Sorry to hear this, Albertus!

I cannot recreate any similar issues on my own site, so to help me help you, can you please confirm the following things:

1. What are your site’s Permalinks settings? Are they set to /%postname%/, for example?

2. If you activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve or Twenty Seventeen, does anything improve with your issues?

3. If you leave a default activated and then proceed to deactivate ALL plugins on your except for only The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro, does anything improve with your issues?

Thanks!
    George

Albertus
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Albertus
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Albertus
    Participant

I am now at a point where I do not know what else to do. My client is furious with me because I recommended your system and it does not work correctly.

I have followed your instructions to the letter and still, it doesn’t work.

Please escalate this to a higher authority so someone can tell me why it isn’t working.

I have attached the pictures to show you the process was followed.

On your instructions:
    1. You say “Shortcodes for TEC Pro does not work” — what specific shortcodes are you referring to?
    None of them work only the shortcodes supplied with the Avada Theme. Neither Pro or Free.
    Even with all the theme features, including all plugins disabled, it still doesn’t work.

2. You say, “Tested with ‘Twenty Seventeen’ theme, disabled all plugins, including, TEC Pro, still doesn’t work.” Can you please leave your site in the state where Twenty Seventeen is the active theme, and The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro are the only active plugins?
    Followed instructions, still no luck. See pictures supplied.

3. Once you leave your site in the state described in #2, go to Settings → Permalinks in your wp-admin. Do not change anything there, but just click “Save Changes”. Then come back to this thread and let me know that your site is in this state, where Twenty Seventeen is the active theme, and The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro are the only active plugins—I will take a look and see if I can identify any issues.
    Followed instructions, still no luck. See pictures supplied.
    Please understand it’s a client’s website and the site can not be left in that state. I have supplied you with FTP details to recreate this issue on your testing servers, and the error remains the same no matter if Twenty Seventeen or Avada is loaded.

George
    Participant

Hi Albertus,

I totally understand your frustrations and will be escalating this to our development team for further insight.

In the meantime, can you please add this The Events Calendar shortcode to a test page:

[tribe_events_list]

↑ Then share a link to this page, so we can see a failing calendar shortcode firsthand.

Thank you for your patience and persistence here!

Sincerely,
    George

Albertus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Albertus
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcodes Don't work!!!’ is closed to new replies.