Shortcode Not Working After Update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Shortcode Not Working After Update

• This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Steven Trudell.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Steven Trudell
    Participant

Hi there,

I updated The Events Calendar Pro on Friday 1/26 and now my shortcode to the event calendar aren’t working properly.
    The shortcode lives here: https://watersedge.devcourtland.com/summer-camps-calendar/. The “View As” toggle is not displaying the views when clicked.

Also on this page: https://watersedge.devcourtland.com/news-and-events, the next arrow to view the next month is not showing the next month.

Thanks,
    P.T.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Looks like there is a conflict between our javascript and possibly your theme’s javascript. Can you also try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If you would prefer not to do this on your live site, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. Let me know what you find!

Thanks,
    Brendan

Steven Trudell
    Participant

Looking at the console, I see this debugging message:

TEC Debug: vendor bootstrapDatepicker was not loaded before its dependant file tribe-events-bar.js

That would seem to explain the issue right there … but how do we get these to load in the right order?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Ok so that makes more sense. Sounds like there is a conflict in jquery. Do you know if you have any jquery libraries in your themes function.php file. You can open that file and search “jquery” to see.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Steven Trudell
    Participant

Thanks. No, there is no reference to jquery in the functions.php file of either the theme or the child theme.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

It may be in the footer.php or header.php as well. Can you check both of those?

Thanks,
    Brendan

Steven Trudell
    Participant

Thank you. No, there is no reference to jquery in the footer.php nor header.php file.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

I spoke with the supervisor here and he said we had some similar with the Divi theme and doing some more troubleshooting to see where the error is coming from.

I will keep you posted and thanks for your patience.

Brendan

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

We have found the bug and our developer is working on a fix. We will update you as soon as its resolved.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Steven Trudell
    Participant

Hi – just following up on this, has a fix been made?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Its in our list of items to fix, however its still in the works. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steve!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 5 March 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-5-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode Not Working After Update’ is closed to new replies.