Shortcode calendar only works for current month, won't advance

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Shortcode calendar only works for current month, won't advance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

We use the shortcode version of the events calendar ([tribe_events]) to display the calendar on a custom page:
    https://tribe12.org/community/

Recently we noticed it only displays the current month. When we click “June” the page reloads and the URL changes to https://tribe12.org/community/?date=2018-06, but it still shows May 2018 on the page. See the attached screenshot.

The main filter bar doesn’t quite work either. There are no additional views etc.

We also have the Filter Bar add on, which only displays on the default calendar, but it’s not functional:
    https://tribe12.org/events/

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

Well, it seems there’s a conflict somewhere, as this is not the expected behavior from our [tribe_events] shortcode.

Could you try to switch to the default theme (Twenty Seventeen) to see if you still have the same issue?

If you do, then try to deactivate all plugins except for the Events Calendar ones. In that configuration, do you still have a problem with your shortcode?

Before running those tests, I’d recommand you to follow the instructions here.

Let me know how it goes,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Rachel
    Participant

It looks like it’s the Events Calendar Filter Bar plugin that is preventing the next month buttons from working. When I deactived just that one, the calendar worked fine (except for the funtions that we need from the filter bar).

All of our Events Calendar plugins are up to date.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Rachel,

There must be a conflict between the Filter Bar plugin and another plugin or your theme. The Filter Bar plugin is meant to work well with our other plugins, as you can see on our demo website.

Is it possible for you to set up a staging website, on which you would activate the Filter Bar, and install the Twenty Seventeen theme, before deactivating other plugins? As long as we don’t know which other 3rd party is causing a conflict with our plugin, it’s difficult to provide a solution.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeremy

Rachel
    Participant

Thanks for leading me in the right direction. I moved over to a staging site and eventually figured out there was some code in the header.php file in the child theme that was causing a conflict. Once I removed that, it seems to be working now.

Have a great day!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Rachel,

I’m glad you managed to solve this issue!

I’m going to close this thread then, but feel free to start a new one if you have further questions or concerns.

Have a great day too 🙂

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode calendar only works for current month, won't advance’ is closed to new replies.