Share filtered events across a multisite network?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Share filtered events across a multisite network?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

I’m running a small multisite network. Two of the sub-sites (set up with pathway domains, not subdomains) share events that belong to a particular category. I would very much like to be able to enter those shared events once, say on Site 1, and display those same events automatically on Site 2.

I did find a similar question in your forum from 2015, and there was some discussion of using the iCal Importer to do this, but I’m wondering if there is now a way to do this with the Event Aggregator, or perhaps even better if Site 2 could link directly to Site 1 using a URL and a Category ID?

Thanks! I suspect that others running networks with sites that are closely related might like to be able to do this, too.

(I’m not sending system info because this is not a problem that needs to be fixed, but I can certainly do that if it would be helpful. The URL entered below is “Site 1”.)

Caroline

Hi Steven,

Thanks for reaching out–great question! At the moment, we don’t have any means of automatically syncing events between two separate installs of The Events Calendar (or Events Calendar PRO). If you’re looking to share a certain subset of events across multiple sites, I would suggest a solution based around Event Aggregator with the following steps:

1. Create a Google Calendar that houses only the events you’d like to share across your sites.
    2. Activate Event Aggregator on the sites you’d like to have display these events. (Currently, any EA license can be activated on up to 10 separate sites, including sub-sites on a multisite network. If you need more than 10 activations, you’ll need to purchase multiple licenses.)
    3. Create a scheduled import from this Google Calendar that will automatically import from this calendar at the intervals you specify. You can read more about how to set this up on our Knowledgebase here.

This will ensure that your events are automatically populated across your sites without needing to enter data multiple times–just one entry per event on the Google Calendar, and the events will automatically populate the next time the scheduled import jobs run.

Hopefully you’ll find this a workable solution for your setup! Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Share filtered events across a multisite network?’ is closed to new replies.