Setting up recurring event over several days (Part II)

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Setting up recurring event over several days (Part II)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

Hi,

Geoff was helping me few weeks ago in another thread (Subject: Set up recurring event over 2 days) and I think we had figured it out but now I am back to not getting it to work properly.

I have an event “VINTAGE THYMES MONTHLY MARKET, Norwood, Massachusetts” which occurs every 2nd Friday each month for 3 days.

I set it up as we talked about in our last thread but it will only add the first event for 3 days. The other two just show up as one day events. See screen shots.

The last screen shot shows the dates I want to add this event for. It’s a screen shot from their web page. I had hoped I could say I want it to occur every 2nd month on the 2nd Friday for 3 days but that didn’t work either.

So I’m afraid I need your help again. Hope you are having a great time at your retreat. This can wait until you are back 🙂

Thank you,
    Gisela

Hunter

Hey Gisela,

I was unfortunately unable to make the retreat, but that works out in your favor! I’d be happy to help figure out what the best options are, so to make it easy on me, would you mind sending over the exact dates/times you want and I’ll see what I come up with.

It would also be helpful if you could include screenshots of your WordPress Admin > General > Settings > Timezone screen and Events > Settings > Display > Date Format Settings screen.

Lastly, if you wouldn’t mind, include your System Information as a private reply. Thanks and rest assured we’ll get things squared away. Cheers!

Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

My Mother just returned from a trip backpacking across Europe and brought me nothing from her travels, so my expectations are low at this point… but it only incentivizes me to set in motion my own plans to explore the many great lands Mother Earth has to offer! Stay in touch and I’ll remember to get you a trinket from my travels 😉

Thank you for the information provided – it helped lead me to a bug report which I believe to be the cause of conflict for your particular issue. The bug report is titled, “Recurring event fail with multi-day events that are all day events” – and the notes further reflect the behavior you’ve shared with me.

It’s marked as Priority Level 1 which means it’s being expedited and should make it into the next Maintenance Release (or two). I’ve included this forum thread so you’ll get an update here notifying the bug has been patched up.

Other than downgrading to the version(s) that best work for you, there isn’t much of a temporary workaround mentioned in the notes. I hope this provides clarification on the matter and gives you an idea on how things will progress from here.

Thanks again for your patience and willingness to fully troubleshoot the issue – often times it takes a little back-and-forth to fully comprehend the issue and possible solutions. Have a great weekend ahead and feel free to reply back with any questions or comments you have on the matter. Cheers!

Nico

Hi,

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.6 of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-pro-4-4-6-event-tickets-4-4-6-premium-add-ons/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Setting up recurring event over several days (Part II)’ is closed to new replies.