Selecting Anonymous user to submit doesn't work

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Selecting Anonymous user to submit doesn't work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Reynolds
    Participant

Good day!

It seems that eventhough I’ve selected anonymous user to be able to submit events, when a non logged-in user try to access the submit event page, it is being redirection to another page. Can you please advise and help me with this issue.

Thank you!

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I just tested this functionality out on my test site and everything seems to be working as expected.

With that being said, let’s start troubleshooting here.  As a first step, can you update all of your Events Calendar related plugins and see if that restores the functionality?

If not, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Chris Reynolds
    Participant

Hello!

Thank you for your response.

Before I’ll do the troubleshooting, I would like to point-out that the site was using Ultimate Member plugin before but now we have deactivated and deleted it. This seems might have a connection with the issue regarding the redirection to a login page when a non-logged in user is trying to access the “http://bicyclist.xyz/events/community/add” page.

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

Okay, I see.  With the Ultimate Member plugin disabled, does the functionality return as expected?

Let me know how updating and testing go!

Thanks,

Jaime

Chris Reynolds
    Participant

Hello Jaime,

Unfortunately, the functionality didn’t return as expected. I even removed all the Ultimate Members plugin and still the issue persist.

Thanks!

Chris Reynolds
    Participant

Hello again Jaime,

The issue seems to be fixed now. I have enclosed in comment a code that has been added in the template where it redirects a non-logged-in user to the login page.

screenshot: http://prntscr.com/jxcffx

Thank you for your help!

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Selecting Anonymous user to submit doesn't work’ is closed to new replies.