Select2 Library conflict

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Select2 Library conflict

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    multigp
    Participant

There is a conflict with the Event Tickets plugin from Tribe. They are loading a Javascript library named “Select2” (which is old, out of date too), but WooCommerce also loads a current version of Select2, which the Free Gifts relies on (as do many other 3rd party plugins for WooCommerce). That creates a conflict that crashes the Javascript in the Free Gifts plugin.

You might want to tell the developers at Tribe “You should not be loading your Select2 library unless a page is being displayed where it is needed because that causes conflicts and Javascript crashes.”

Please read this note from another developer after finding out Event Tickets calls an old and out of date EXTRA copy of select2, which then crashes jquery.

Please fix this and update the select2 library too.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi multigp,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry to hear about this issue on your site with Select2. I would love to help you solve it.

If would help us greatly if you could share some more details with us, so we can try to reproduce and dig deeper, so we can develop an appropriate fix.

Can you please share your system information with me?

If you disable the WooCommerce add-ons and leave WooCommerce and the calendar / ticketing plugins on, are you still hitting the same issue?

Can you share a URL where this issue is present? Are there any error messages appearing in your browser’s console that indicate this?

If there are steps needed to see this issue, can you share those as well?

If you can share some screenshots or a screen recording, that would be also very helpful.

Thanks and looking forward to helping you solve this.

Cheers,
    Andras

multigp
    Participant

Hello.

The solution is simple. Update your plugin so that it doesn’t use an OUT OF DATE version of Select2.

“You should not be loading your Select2 library unless a page is being displayed where it is needed because that causes conflicts and Javascript crashes.

I added some code to the Free Gifts plugin so that it prevents Event Tickets from loading its Select2 library ”

This is a very clear instruction from the other developer. Your plugin is faulty, please follow instructions above and update the select2 library so that other plugins don’t have conflicts and crash.

Please reply and tell me you understand this.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi multigp,

Thanks for sharing the instructions. I do understand this.

Meanwhile I also started discussing your issue with the developer of the above fix. I’m waiting for his reply and will update you as soon as I can.

We have released a hotfix for PRO yesterday that addresses a select2 issue. I’m not sure if it also addresses yours, but def. worth giving it a try.

If you could check out the update meanwhile and let me know if that works, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Select2 Library conflict’ is closed to new replies.