Searching for events in WordPress doesn't work, even with Advanced Post Manager

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Searching for events in WordPress doesn't work, even with Advanced Post Manager

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    excaladmin
    Participant

Hi,

Since updating to the latest versions of The Events Calendar plugins (core, PRO, and Filter Bar), I can no longer search for an event by name. Without the APM plugin, if I do a search, I get “No events found,” even though to the right of the page I see “5 items”. With APM installed and activated, I see “2 items” displayed on the right based on the same search, and then I see 10 or so events listed as matches, even though they are all *not* correct matches.

I am going to attach screenshots of what I see after a search with and without the APM plugin activated. What do I need to do to address this? I reviewed the documentation of the APM plugin, but I did not find it to be very user friendly.

Thank you.

excaladmin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. I’m happy to help! 🙂

I’m going to do some testing on my end for this, but I’ve taken a look at your system information, and I see that you have a lot of plugins installed, so could you please follow the documentation here to test for conflicts with those plugins, and let me know how it goes?

Best,

Shelby 🙂

excaladmin
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

Apparently this was due to Yoast SEO. There seems to be an outstanding bug with their plugin (https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo/issues/7614). I was able to temporarily resolve the issue by disabling Yoast’s Link Counter feature (in Yoast, this is under Dashboard > Features).

Thanks!

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again,

So glad to see that the testing helped you get this resolved! Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns you have in the future. 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Searching for events in WordPress doesn't work, even with Advanced Post Manager’ is closed to new replies.