Search results displaying the incorrect URL for recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search results displaying the incorrect URL for recurring events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Caleb

Reproduce: I have an event with ‘bazaar’ in the title. I search on the term bazaar. The event displays in the results, but clicking the event takes me to /event/brooklyn-night-bazaar/1970-01-01 with only the text “No upcoming events.”

Setup: WordPress 3.2.1 | The Events Calendar Version 2.0.2 | Events Calendar Pro 2.0.1

Rob

Hey Caleb, this appears to be related to Events Calendar PRO – but I saw it was posted in the Eventbrite Ticketing beta tester forum. I’ve moved it pre-emptively, but can you confirm this wasn’t ticket-centric? Thanks in advance.

Caleb

Yea, sorry for posting in the wrong place. This is indeed an issue I’m seeing with the events calendar.

You can see it here. http://brooklynbrewery.com/blog/?s=bazaar

Rob

That’s odd. One thing I’d do is upgrade PRO to 2.0.2, since there are definitely issues running them out of sync. Does this resolve when both are on the 2.0.2 build? If not, let me know and I’ll get a dev to chime in – as I haven’t seen this issue reported by anyone else yet so am not really sure what’s up.

Caleb

Just updated the events pro to Version 2.0.2 and it still has this issue.

Rob

Alright, thanks for confirming. Let me get Jonah to chime in on this one; I’m at a loss as to what could be causing it.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Caleb,

This looks like it’s related to a bug we have filed where permalinks are set a certain way and the event is recurring. How are your permalinks set and is the event recurring?

Regards,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Ooops, of course the event is recurring you’ve got that in the title of the thread! Can you try changing your permalinks to ‘/%category%/%postname%/’ or in WP 3.3 “Post Name”? That may temporarily solve the issue but we do have this logged as a bug that should get ironed out soon.

Caleb

Hey,

It looks like that fixes it as well as the issue I’m having here with the next link – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/another-events-rss-feed-question/

Thanks for looking into it.

Caleb

Actually, I spoke too soon. It fixed my next event link, but not my search result.

Rob

Ah, bummer. Alright – I’ll get Jonah to take another look.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Caleb,

This is confirmed on my end as well. All recurring events in search results end up with ‘1970-01-01’ at the end and do not work. I’ve updated our bug ticket on this accordingly.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Caleb

Did this get addressed in the last release? I am still showing it as an error after upgrading, but wanted to check.

Caleb

Just to be clear, I’m still seeing this issue with The Events Calendar Version 2.0.3, Events Calendar PRO Version 2.0.3, and WordPress 3.3.1.

Rob

Jonah, do you recall whether the issue was in 2.0.3 or 2.1? I’m unable to locate the ticket in question…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘Search results displaying the incorrect URL for recurring events’ is closed to new replies.