Another Events RSS feed question.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Another Events RSS feed question.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Caleb

Right now, the RSS feed for events is only showing the upcoming events to the end of the month. Is there a way to get it to display more than that in one feed? I’ve set my WP settings to display a larger number of items in the feed, but those settings seem to be ignored. In the previous version of the plugin, I had to hack in a view for a full events feed. Do I still need to do that?

Additionally, I just upgraded to 2.0.2, and was expecting the tribe_next_event_link template tag to be fixed after looking at the release notes, but it appears that the next_event_link tag is still returning a link to the current event.

Am I doing something wrong? Here’s how I’m using it in my own version of the ecp-single-template.php file https://gist.github.com/1469415 and no matter what I do, it links to the same event I’m viewing.

Thanks!

Rob

Hey Caleb. On the RSS front; not sure I understand the issue. Are you saying you have say, 30 events – and that despite setting it to display 30 in the feed, you’re not seeing all of them? What is the number it’s capping off at?

On the Next event link: this was working fine during our testing stages. We set up some pretty complex recurrence patterns that it handled without issue. What are the recurrence settings you’re using where you’re running into this?

I notice that you’re using your own versions of ecp-single-template.php; does it work in the out-of-the-box one for you, or is it problematic in both?

Caleb

Thanks for the quick response.

Re:the RSS feed, I just took a closer (non-cached look) and it’s showing all the events, it’s just listing them with the same link attribute for each event. So the event on 2012-03-18 has the same URL as the event on 2012-03-11. Since I’m using the link to prevent duplicate entries in the app that is ingesting the RSS feed, this doesn’t work.

Is that the correct behavior? If so, I can just search by link and start date since I know that already.

As for the next event link, when I use the default template, there are no links to the next and previous events, so the issue cannot be replicated by reverting to that template. I should note that the issue with the next link, does not happen with the previous link, which behaves as expected.

Caleb

Also, I don’t think it’s related to recurrence settings as it happens with both recurring and non-recurring events. I’ll take a deeper look to make sure.

Rob

Thanks for confirming. We’ve got the issue of the events showing the same URL (in the feed) logged for 2.1 so that should be resolved then.

Got a link where I can check out the next/previous issue? I’ve been unable to recreate it since the 2.0.1 release, and even then it was only impacting recurring events. Let me know…if you can send over a link we’ll try to get this patched for 2.1.

Caleb

I’m seeing the issue on this page, non-recurring event which is followed by a repeating event.

http://brooklynbrewery.com/blog/event/oxford-companion-to-beer-a-z-birdsall-house-part-i-abbey-beers-dec-14/

As well as this page, which is a repeating event, followed by a non-recurring event.

http://brooklynbrewery.com/blog/event/brooklyn-night-bazaar/2011-12-15/http://brooklynbrewery.com/blog/event/brooklyn-night-bazaar/2011-12-15/

And to be clear, it’s happening on all events.

Caleb

Side question, I don’t think it’s possible, but can I remove an event in a series of recurring events?

For instance, I want to remove the events on Christmas and New Year’s without deleting the entire event series.

I don’t think it is possible, but wanted to see with you first.

Rob

Weird on the issue with the next/previous; I’m unable to recreate that on my default 2011 install so I’m wondering if this may be specific to your site – either a clash with the theme or another plugin. I’ll get Jonah to take a look and see what he can offer up. You’re the first to report it happening on non-recurring events.

You are correct regarding the second point: this may change down the road, but as it stands the most flexibility you have is with those “Only This Event/All Future Events” options presented to you on the backend when trying to make a change to a recurring event. Let me know if that isn’t clear and I can elaborate.

Caleb

Thanks for the update Rob.

I think the issue is when I try to delete an event and select the “Delete Just This Occurrence” option, it’s moving all of them to the trash.

I’m going to try to dig into the next event issue and figure out what’s going on. I’ll let you know if I find anything.

Rob

Ah, thanks for confirming Caleb. I was just able to recreate your “Delete Just This Occurrence” issue, so it looks like that’s definitely a bug. I’ve logged it for 2.1 — thanks for pointing that out.

Let me know if you see anything on the next event issue; I’ll report back anything I find too.

Caleb

Awesome! Thanks so much.

Rob

My pleasure. Appreciate the feedback so far; definitely let us know if anything else comes up.

As an aside: when I used to live in NY, I drank tons of Brooklyn Brewery beer! Awesome to see that you’re using our plugin on their site.

Caleb

I actually think my ‘Next event’ link issue was solved by having the same tec/tec pro version! I’ll make sure to update both from now on.

Thanks Rob. Keep enjoying those Brooklyns!

Rob

Excellent to hear that did it! If anything else comes up, let me know…happy to help.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Another Events RSS feed question.’ is closed to new replies.