Search results displaying the incorrect URL for recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search results displaying the incorrect URL for recurring events

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Oh. So were you going to? 🙂 Or have I misunderstood the issue here? Retesting with new events (even if it’s on a staging environment and not the live site) would be super helpful here.

Julien
    Participant

So.
    I’ve deleted all my recurring events.
    I’ve created a new one. But problem is still there.

I use “the_excerpt” in the file list.php
    But I customize the excerpt with this function : http://pastie.org/3493936
    And when WordPress get permalink of the post, it returns that date 1970-01-01 that leads to a 404 !

Thaks for help

Rob

Hey Julien. Thanks for confirming. If you tried the suggestion for Caleb that we noted above (which best I can tell did the trick in his instance), that’s the best stopgap we can offer here until the official 2.1 release comes out over the next month or so. Apologies I couldn’t offer up anything more specific than that. If you have any other questions do let me know.

Jen
    Participant

I’m not having a problem with search, and I don’t use breadcrumbs, but Yoast SEO is including “1970-01-01” at the end of all the recurring event permalinks within my XML sitemaps. This is causing crawl errors. I’m using ECP and ECP Pro versions 2.0.4, and the above search patch is already incorporated. Any ideas?

Rob

Hey Jen. Is it possible that this could be the cause? http://uploads.yoast.nl/Permalinks-20120207-205354.png We have found that to solve a few Yoast-related issues before. Let me know if not.

Jen
    Participant

No, I don’t have that setting checked.

Rob

Ah, alright. Thanks for confirming. Sounds like that’s a conflict with Yoast then. We’ll do what we can to identify it, but if you could post it as a separate thread (rather than overlapping with the existing one) it’d be great and would give us what we need to try and identify what’s up. I don’t want to create confusion for users who come here looking for one solution then finding the conversation change gears to another one.

I’d also recommend posting on Yoast’s forum in case other users there have any ideas, too. Thanks!

Jen
    Participant

Sure, no problem. I posted here because I thought it was related. New topic, coming soon!

Rob

Thanks Jen!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘Search results displaying the incorrect URL for recurring events’ is closed to new replies.