Search functionality issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Search functionality issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jtnews
    Participant

Hi,
    I ran into the same problem as this posting: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/search-functionality-issues/
    and I’ve found that my theme, which is Themify’s Magazine theme, is having a conflict with the search that’s causing it to read the Search term when it’s trying to find events. Is this something you can fix or do I need to contact them? Is there a hack I can input that will fix this, at least temporarily?
    I reverted to the 2013 WordPress theme (not 2011) and it worked fine there. Thanks.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy jtnews,

Thank you so much for running through all of those trouble shooting steps. That goes a long way towards you getting your problem resolved quickly.

We can not really help you integrate with other themes, as it is outside of our scope of support. That said I think I was able to find the issue in my poking around and thus the following bonus tip might help fix things for you! If not there is not much more I can do to help you here, but if you have the expertise definitely give this a whirl.

If you go into this file on your server and edit it: http://jewishsound.org/wp-content/themes/magazine/js/themify.script.js?ver=1.1.9
    And comment out lines 106-136. Save and test. I would not be surprised if that fixes things for you. Of course the best way to make changes like this is always to create a child theme. If you have the expertise necessary to try this fix, definitely give it a go. It does make the placeholder text not work in older versions of IE, and might have other sideeffects. But, it is worth testing IMO.

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

jtnews
    Participant

That seems to have worked, thanks!

Brook
    Participant

Awesome! Glad to hear I could help.
    – Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Search functionality issue’ is closed to new replies.