Search Field Shows HTML Character Code

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search Field Shows HTML Character Code

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    reelrock
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m implementing The Events Calendar PRO for a client on their site, and one small issue we’ve run into is that when you enter a search term into the field (City/Zip in this case), then use the browser’s back button, THEN use the Browser’s Forward Button, it populates the field with HTML characters for spaces.

I know this is due to HTML escaping, and my guess is that the field is repopulated with the variable as stored (which is filtered), rather than “As Typed”. Is there a way to have it run through a filter on the way back, before repopulating the field, so that it displays the plaintext instead of the filtered text?

Thanks,
    Khaled

George
    Participant

Hey Khaled,

Thanks for reaching out!

1. I tried recreating the problem you describe but was not able to. Can you confirm that you are referring to the search/filter fields shown in the following screenshot:

2. Also, are you referring to the “Search” field specifically, or the “Near” field?

3. Can you share an exact term that you try searching that creates this problem? I will use the exact term that you use to see if I get the same result.

Thank you!
    George

reelrock
    Participant

1. It is those fields.

2. It would be the “Near” field (though we have styled it so that the label is “Search” and the placeholder text is “City/Zip” and we have hidden the rest). Geoloc in the code.

3. The term we have been using is New York. The spaces are causing issues. It’s on Chrome.

Here’s a screenshot.

George
    Participant

Thank you for confirming these details! With these details in hand, I was able to recreate the problem on my own site, as shown in this screenshot:

Now that I have confirmed this bug exists, I will make a ticket for our developers to fix this. While I cannot specify an ETA for when a fix will arrive in a plugin update, I can assure you that it should not be more than a few weeks from now before a fix for this arrives in our plugins.

I will mark this thread as “Pending Fix” and post when there is more information about the fix.

Sorry for the trouble here!
    George

reelrock
    Participant

OK thanks.

George
    Participant

No worries—stay tuned!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-2-event-tickets-4-3-2-premium-plugins/

I hope this update helps!

If issues persist, open a new thread in the forums and be sure to include your site’s complete, un-edited “System Information” as per the instructions in this knowledgebase guide.

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Field Shows HTML Character Code’ is closed to new replies.