Search Console Crawl Errors related to the event calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search Console Crawl Errors related to the event calendar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Geet Jacobs
    Participant

Howdy Tribes!

So we only use list view for our displays , we removed the options to filter by tag or category yes our Google Search Console is showing 1049 page not found errors and 95% of them relate to Tribe Permalinks. I am hoping there is a solution so we can get these cleaned up.

We would like to stop your plugin from creating permalinks for categories + tags, and on top of that categories + tags + views.

Here are some examples:
    https://meowwolf.com/events/category/music/dj/mouth/
    https://meowwolf.com/events/category/music/dj/list/
    https://meowwolf.com/events/category/music/singer-songwriter/list/

Shelby
    Participant

Hey there Geet,

Thanks for reaching out, I’m happy to help! 🙂

Could you take a look at the documentation here and work through it, then let me know if it helps out at all? We’ll work on this from there if you still have a lot of errors! 🙂

Let me know!

Take care,

Shelby 🙂

Geet Jacobs
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

So my issue is not a 404 error for single events, not a real WordPress 404 error, but a tribes “There were no results found.”

What I need is to completely stop The calendar pro from creating those permalinks at all. Over 1000 crawl errors is really not best for out SEO and Google Search Console.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Geet,

Thanks for sharing some extra details with me! 🙂

Could you possibly share with me the exact error message that you’ve gotten from Google?

Also, the following threads might be helpful to check out in the meantime 🙂 :

Thanks!

Shelby 🙂

Geet Jacobs
    Participant

Hi Shelby, So Cliff’s thread is the same issue really. There needs to be a way to disable URLs that will never be used.

Googles message:
    “URL points to a non-existent page. Learn more

From my first screenshot, your plugin is created over 900 soft 404 error pages, we do not, nor will not ever use those URLs.

As with Cliff’s thread, disabling those views does nor review the plugin form creating them.

Let me know what other information I can give you.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Geet!

This is very helpful. I’m looking into possible solutions for this.

Could you please send me a link to your sitemap as well?

Thanks,

Shelby 🙂

Shelby
    Participant

Hey again Geet,

So good news and bad news:

Good new first – I know what’s causing this! After taking a look at your plugins, I see you have Yoast SEO installed, and after some digging, I learned that it’s generating a sitemap that includes these URLs.

Bad news – I haven’t figured out how to fix it yet. 🙂

So bear with me, but I’m trying to figure out how to help you with this. That said, it may be worth taking a look at the following Yoast sitemap resources, and looping in Yoast’s support on this one as well. 🙂

How to Customize the Sitemap Index

Common XML Sitemap Errors

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Console Crawl Errors related to the event calendar’ is closed to new replies.