SCREWING UP PAGES I JUST MADE, YOUR PLUHGIN DID

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets SCREWING UP PAGES I JUST MADE, YOUR PLUHGIN DID

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Knud K
    Participant

Gentlemen;
    First – I give up – its so irrritating how diffecult it is to find an easy way just to send you an e-mail – as a paid customer.
    I regret so much I purchased this plugin – becasue I use too much time – with things it cannot do. The latest iissue is:

On fleksjobbernetvaerket.dk I had an main menu item called “Arrangementer” – and that had a link called: https://www.fleksjobbernetvaerket.dk/kalender/ which ofcourse open the calender. That was fine.

Today I create a PAGE called Arrangementer and renamed the menu-item I just mentioned above to “Arrangements-kalender” – so I woudent screw up things. I wanted to create this PAGE with some information, and make the calendar itself as an link pepople should click on.

INSTEAD of working … your plugin changes the standard calendar link to https://www.fleksjobbernetvaerket.dk/arrangementer – which is ALSO the NEW PAGE URL – which mean … I cannot show the page I just created ..

WASTE OF TIME

not very happy today

Cliff

Hi, Knud. Sorry you’re unhappy about things. We always want to help you succeed, not be a cause for headaches.

Please do note, though, that, per our Scope of Support:

All support is provided via our forums; there is no live chat, phone support or email support available.

Getting to this thread’s specific issue… I tried this:

• Events slug is set to “events” (wp-admin > Events > Settings)
    • Create a new page with a slug of “trying-events”

This “trying-events” page loaded just fine for me.

I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

First, please re-save your Permalinks and see if that resolves things.

Please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

If this doesn’t solve it by itself, please install the Rewrite Rules Inspector plugin (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us) and send me a screenshot of its analysis of both https://www.fleksjobbernetvaerket.dk/kalender/ and https://www.fleksjobbernetvaerket.dk/arrangementer

Please also send me a screenshot of the wp-admin edit screen for the “arrangementer” page.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘SCREWING UP PAGES I JUST MADE, YOUR PLUHGIN DID’ is closed to new replies.