Scheduled imports not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled imports not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    johnsnow
    Participant

Reporting an issue similar to what’s already been reported – our daily scheduled imports are also not running. The site does get regular traffic so the wp_cron jobs are an unlikely cause. The job posts no errors, and if you run it manually it runs but does not pull any newly posted items in. Instead it duplicates a handful of existing events (just a few) and posts them as -2, -3, -4, etc. (a new sequential number each time the manual import is run again).

Prior to setting up Events Aggregator, the iCal feed had brought in newly added posts daily. And there were some posts with special characters that it would duplicate.

Disappointing that the duplication issue persists and now the daily scheduled imports are no longer running. We’re on the latest versions of everything and have already tried disabling plugins and theme.

Please let me know what additional information you need to proceed with troubleshooting. (Wasn’t sure if it’s easier for you if the issue is piggy-backed onto an existing ticket or filed as it’s own ticket).

Thanks in advance!

Cliff

Hi, John. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

We always prefer users post their own issue in their own separate forum thread, so thanks for that. 🙂

We had a persisting issue with scheduled imports not running, but that should be resolved now, although it may require re-setting them up (very sorry for this).

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, could you send a database dump and send Administrator credentials to wp-admin in a Private Reply (must be done via the forum, not email replies)?

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups on hand.

johnsnow
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Confirming that all the Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core and all other plugins) are at their latest versions.

To test, I pulled the live site down to staging and deleted the existing and created a new scheduled import. However the new job would not run either until I pushed it manually. And when it did run, it didn’t pull any of the newer events that should be coming from the feed. (It also duplicated a handful of the existing repeat duplicators.)

[Ran the testing on the staging site because we didn’t want to cause more issues with the live site in case it duplicated the entire calendar full. If it must be run on the live site, let me know.]

Talked to our host, WPEngine and they confirmed that they can run only wp cron or an alt cron. They looked at the setup and said that they could see duplicate crons set simultaneously to run daily at 2 different times (see below). Not sure if that’s one of the causes/nor how to address it.

| tribe_events_ical-importer_do_scheduled_import | 2017-10-26 21:37:07 | 1 hour 30 minutes | 1 day |

| tribe_events_ical-importer_do_scheduled_import | 2017-10-27 18:46:32 | 22 hours 39 minutes | 1 day |

Will send the db and ical feed info to follow.

In the meantime, since these events are not importing into the calendar, should I be manually entering them in? Or will that cause duplicates down the line once the import is working again?

johnsnow
    Participant

This reply is private.

johnsnow
    Participant

This reply is private.

johnsnow
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Yes; thanks for sending the database dump.

Do you have the iCal Importer plugin active? If yes, that should be deactivated.

Please share your System Information in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

johnsnow
    Participant

This reply is private.

johnsnow
    Participant

Hi again,

I’d sent the system info in a private reply on the 31st and confirmed that iCal Importer is not running. Is there a time window I can plan on this to be looked at and a reply posted?

In the meantime, we’re at a standstill with the calendar import not running and not pulling new events. Since these events are not importing into the calendar, should we be manually entering them in? Or will that cause duplicates down the line once the import is working again?

This is something that we really need to be able to address now rather than waiting a week for the next Events Calendar reply. Thanks in advance!

Cliff

Hi, John. I am sorry for not being in better communication with this issue.

Our Event Aggregator development team has been either been fully out (inconvenient timing, I know) or heavily loaded (unable to dig into this particular issue that you and 2 others have reported).

I, again, am very sorry for the long delay and hope to have a meaningful answer to you next week.

Cliff

Also, could you please provide the iCal URL(s) you’re experiencing the duplicates with?

johnsnow
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

johnsnow
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    Thanks for that point to correct with the iCal feed developer, which we will follow up on and get back to you.

You wrote “…try again with our Event Aggregator (knowing that previously-imported events lacking a UID may not be detected at the time of importing the first time after the iCal source is fixed).”

When previously-imported events lacking an UID are not detected the first time, what happens?
    — Do they not get updated?
    — Do they not get displayed in the calendar?
    — Or will those events be duplicated?

Is this only the first time that this is an issue, and then what happens afterwards on the second time?

And to clarify a second point, you wrote that the primary issue is the missing UID. Should the empty URL and Geo fields break it if they’re optional?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by johnsnow.
    Cliff

UID is required.

Empty lines and empty properties shouldn’t be there at all.

The UID (even if not present) is stored in the database for the sake of detecting changes vs new events. Therefore, if an event comes in and there’s no matching UID in the database, it’s imported as a new event–which, to you, looks like a duplicate because it technically is.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled imports not working’ is closed to new replies.