Scheduled imports from Google Calendar not updating event date changes

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Scheduled imports from Google Calendar not updating event date changes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Turbanov
    Participant

Hi

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’d be happy to help you if you have any issues with our plugins. For that please share with me

• your system information
    • the details of your issue. What are you doing? What result do you expect? What result do you get instead?
    • If you have an issue with imports through Event Aggregator then please also share the feeds you are having trouble with

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Nicholas Turbanov
    Participant

Hey,

Heh, yeah, sorry, I thought I cancelled posting this but apparently not.

My problem is that the event date, or more specifically, time details aren’t updated via the scheduled import functionality.

I have Event Update Authority set as Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.

So, for instance, an event was originally imported as 2017-10-26 16:30 – 2017-10-26 18:00. It has since been updated at the source (Google Calendar) to take place at 2017-10-26 17:00 – 2017-10-26 18:30. This change is not tranferred to The Event Calendar event.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for getting back to me on that.

Did you try setting the Event Update Authority to “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source” and see what that does?

Andras

Nicholas Turbanov
    Participant

Hi András,

Well, no, because we’ve made local changes to the content. That would override them all.

How does the plugin determine whether or not there are local changes to specific fields?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholas,

Sorry to keep you waiting. I did run some test and we might have a bug here.

I logged a bugticket for this so our developers can take a look at it.

At this time unfortunately I cannot suggest any workarounds, only changing the setting to “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source”.

I’m really sorry about this inconvenience. I hope we will be able to fix this soon.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholas!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of out plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-event-tickets-4-8-event-tickets-plus-4-8/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled imports from Google Calendar not updating event date changes’ is closed to new replies.