scheduled facebook event imports missing some events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator scheduled facebook event imports missing some events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Don Rosenberg
    Participant

Ever since you changed to Aggregator I am seeing that some events import, and others do. I contacted support and they said a new update was in the works. Any news on this?

I will go to a facebook group and see an event and it loads fine when I enter it as a one-time event.

Hunter

Hi and welcome 🙂

We are currently working to improve the information related to the results of an import after it is ran. Often times, the imports appear as “failed” but were actually rescheduled and ran successfully at a later time. We use wp_cron to trigger the imports. Any time someone visits your site, whether it be on the backend of the front end of your site, wp_cron is triggered. So if you have an import set to run at a specific time, but no one visits your site, the import won’t get run until a visit to your site triggers wp_cron.

There are also cases where imports are actually failing, so again, the improved information after an import runs (successfully or unsuccessfully) will help clear up what actually happened.

With that said, I’d be happy to see if I can reproduce the issue you’re currently experiencing. To do so, please visit Events > Imports > New Import and fill in the screen as you’ve been doing thus far, then take a screenshot and send it in addition to a screenshot of your Events > Settings > Imports screen. I’ll also need the list of Facebook pages you’re importing events from. My goal is to mimic the exact process you’ve been doing, so please be as descriptive as possible.

Do you notice any difference between the events that are getting imported correctly compared to those which are not? Facebook’s API has limitations put in place which we’re unable to get around. For more information on that subject, please visit our Facebook Events: API errors Knowledgebase post. Please let me know if you discover anything pertinent to this article which might affect the events you’re attempting to import from Facebook.

Lastly, can you please test the issue again on your live site and a dev/test site if possible? If you can set up the test site, please set up a fresh WordPress installation and make sure you have only the default WordPress theme and The Events Calendar installed and activated on the test site. Please review our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites and Moving Your License Keys tutorials for more information.

When testing, please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Thanks for reading my novel of a reply and hopefully we can quickly identify where specifically the issues are coming from and the most efficient way of resolving them. Have a great rest of your day!

Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘scheduled facebook event imports missing some events’ is closed to new replies.