Scheduled daily imports trigger hourly.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled daily imports trigger hourly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    leviator
    Participant

Hi

We have a client, who has Events Aggregator, and syncs 7 calendars, to their website. All scheduled imports are set to daily. Looking at the history though we see that the imports seem to be running hourly, and we have reached the daily limit of 100 imports.

Please advice.

Thanks,
    Levi

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by leviator.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Jaime Marchwinski.

Hi Levi,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual? Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Can you also take a screenshot of how your scheduled imports are set up so that I can try to replicate things on my end?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

leviator
    Participant

This reply is private.

leviator
    Participant

I wish i had noticed the log. It’s active now and we’ll monitor it closely. The events seem to be importing again, but now I think that not all events are getting returned by my tribe_get_events call.
    I don’t know how we reached the daily limit of 100 imports, but it uncovered another problem.

Is there any reason that this call doesn’t return all events?
    $tribe_events = tribe_get_events( array(
    'posts_per_page' =&gt; -1,
    'eventDisplay' =&gt; 'custom',
    'start_date' =&gt; $firstDateInMonthString,
    'end_date' =&gt; $lastDateInMonthString,
    ) );

What i’m seeing now is: the event which the client noticed was missing, is not being returned by tribe_get_events. The event is on 28 February, from 13:45 to 15:15. If I change it to the February 27, it shows up in the return from tribe_get_events. If I change it to a all-day event on 28 February it also shows up. If i move the event to the last day of january, i get the same results to my tests. It does not show up in the return from tribe_get_events, and changing it to an all-day event makes it show up, as does moving it to the day before. What could be the cause of this?

Regerding the sheduled imports, if the import fails for some reason, does it try again hourly, and does that count towards the daily limit?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by leviator.

Hi Levi,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information.  I have set up a daily scheduled import for that URL on my site so that I can do some testing as well.  So far, everything imported properly, but I will continue to monitor the scheduled import to see how things go tomorrow.

Regarding the scheduled imports, if the import fails, that may be affecting your daily limit.  Here’s more information on how Import Limits work:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregators-import-limits-work/

As a next step, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see.

Also, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.  The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

leviator
    Participant

So. I’ve learned something, quite basic. The date i put in the end-date parameter should be '2018-02-28 23:59'
    I used '2018-02-28'
    The result is that it didn’t catch events that start after 2018-02-28 00:00.
    So that is fixed.

With regards to the problem with aggregator: The page you linked to does not specify what the behavior is when it fails to connect to the calender host, in this case its office365. I imagine that it runs every hour, trying to connect, and that it costs an ‘import’ every time. Resulting in us using up our daily runs, as we have 7 calendars that all tried to connect. I don’t know why we had an error connecting to the calendars, but now we have activated the log, and we’ll be able to catch it, if it happens again.

Could you verify for me that Event Aggregator runs every hour, if it doesn’t work the first time?

Great support, btw!

Hi Levi,

So glad you were able to resolve that error for now!

To further explain scheduled imports: WordPress supports a concept of scheduled events and they can be seen as a sort of regularly occurring background task (a piece of code that, theoretically, runs every 30 mins or at some other interval).

In relation to Event Aggregator, we make use of scheduled events to process imports — however, in the simplest and default case supported by WordPress, they actually are not guaranteed to run at the designated intervals.  Furthermore, if they fail, then when they try again depends on the traffic of the site, as well as other factors.

Does that help to answer your question?  It’s not an exact science, but in general, those imports will re-run if they fail the first time.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled daily imports trigger hourly.’ is closed to new replies.