Same error message … unable to download latest version

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Same error message … unable to download latest version

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dipamkara
    Participant

Hi –

I just tried updating the Events Calendar PRO plugin to version 4.4.2.0.1 and got the same error message:

Download failed. cURL error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate, gzip content encodings.

When will a fix be issued? I don’t feel comfortable using FTP to delete files and re-upload.

Thank you,

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/curl-error-61-unrecognized-content-encoding-type-libcurl-understands-deflate/

Geoff B.

Good evening Kerrin and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear that you are also dealing with this issue.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The good news is that normally, this was only a temporary glitch. It should be fine now.

An easy way to fix this would be to completely deactivate and delete the Events Calendar Pro plugin. No worries, that will not delete any data.

Once that is done, head over to your Downloads page, grab a copy of the latest version and upload it normally with WordPress’ built-in Add plugin interface.

Here is a refresher if you forgot how that works: http://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-the-events-calendar-and-events-calendar-pro/

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

dipamkara
    Participant

Great! That worked, Geoff. Thanks so much! Happy Holidays to you, your family and the staff at Modern Tribe/The Events Calendar. Keep up the great work in 2018!

Blake Miller
    Participant

This happened to me too, but only on 1 out of 2 active sites of mine.I first noticed via ManageWP of an update failure. Same error in WP Admin so got to this thread. I deleted plugin and installed manually via WP Admin worked for me. Odd that it worked fine with one site (via ManageWP) and not the other, but FYI.

Geoff B.

Happy new year Kerrin!

I am sorry for the belated reply. I was away for the holiday season.
    Thank you for the awesome wishes.

I am super stoked that this helped you sort it out. I am also glad to know that helped Blake as well.

Thank you Blake for the heads up. We work hard at minimizing the occurence of such bumps in the road. Thankfully, as you saw, we have a simple and effective workaround in place 🙂

You are both welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Same error message … unable to download latest version’ is closed to new replies.