RSVP's getting multiple registrations for same person

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus RSVP's getting multiple registrations for same person

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

I have one event in which one person somehow has register about 9000 times. http://www.screencast.com/t/0T4uyXPw3. Somehow the system also Not sure whats going on, or what might be causing this.

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out with that issue. I’m sorry you are having an issue with this.

9000 times, whoa, that’s impressive. I have a hunch that this is generated by a bot somehow.

Did you have this happen several times / on more events / from more users?

Does that user who did these 9000 registrations seem legit?

Cheers,
    Andras

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

it was not a bot, it was a person who had register RSVP for other events and Client knows who they are. There were also others that displayed other users multiple times as well, while there were a total of 9000+ RSVP’s it came from many different registrars,

I have no since deleted that specific event as it caused high memory usage every time someone tried to view attendees.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying, Nathan!

So if I understand correctly, you have several (in cases several hundred / thousand) RSVPs from one person for the same event, and that happens with multiple events, not oly one.

Please allow me some time to discuss this internally, if someone saw an issue like this before.

I’ll get back to you soon.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

No, same event. One person looks like thousands, the multiple other RSVP users dozens to hundreds.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Nathan,

This is a very unique case, so far nobody has seen anything like this. We will need to dig a bit deeper to try to figure out the cause and to fix it if possible.

1. Could you / did you run a conflict test following this guide?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Please check and let me know if there is any difference.

2. I see you’ve been using Events Calendar Pro for some time. Did you also use Event Tickets / Event Tickets Plus with EC Pro for long in parallel with EC Pro?

Was it running all smooth together until now and this issue came up after a recent update?

Or did you only start using ET / ET Plus only recently and it started with that?

Thanks for your patience and your help in trying to solve this.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP's getting multiple registrations for same person’ is closed to new replies.