RSVP Confirmation – Why the redundant entry?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO RSVP Confirmation – Why the redundant entry?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lvdesigner
    Participant

I am loving the Events Calendar Pro and Tickets Pro!

I have a question, though. Is it possible to have the RSVP confirmation be sent automatically to the person who’s email is entered in the RSVP form? I don’t understand why there is a section that says Send RSVP to. It seems redundant that the person has to enter name and email address again.

It works the way I want if I create a Ticket instead of RSVP, but then the visitor gets a receipt and that seems clunky. I would prefer that the visitor gets the RSVP confirmation without having to enter the information again. How can I make this happen?

Thank you!
    Pamela

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Pamela,

It’s great to hear that you’re liking the plugins so far!

The “Full Name” and “Email” fields that you see in your screenshot are required by default, but I see that you have also added required name and email fields as additional fields the ticket, which will need to be filled in for each attendee, not just the person reserving the tickets.

Just to clarify, are you wanting to just remove the default fields at the bottom, or to send an RSVP confirmation to the email address for each attendee?

Thanks,

Jennifer

lvdesigner
    Participant

Hi Jennifer.

I don’t want people to have to type their name and email address 2 times… I will remove the fields that I put in and see what happens.

🙂

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great, if it’s not working the way you’d like it to after that, please let me know and I’ll be happy to see what I can recommend!

lvdesigner
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

I have removed the Full Name and Email fields from my RSVP form. It seems odd, though that the name and email address are requested as part of the confirmation email section. I’ve attached a screen shot… is this the way it is intended to look?

I would prefer to have the person enter his/her name and email address in the first to 2 fields and that the confirmation email be sent automatically to the email address. Is this something that can happen out of the box or will it need to be coded in?

Thank you for your assistance!
    Pamela

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Pamela,

The form in your screenshot is the way it is intended to look…by default, the person registering for the event will need to submit his name and email, which ensures that the registration has a point of contact and that the tickets can be sent somewhere. The custom fields can then be used to collect additional information from each attendee (one of which may or may not be the person actually filling out the registration).

Since those fields are required by default, removing them and having the confirmation sent elsewhere would require a code customization that is outside the scope of support that we are able to provide here in the forums. One other thing to note here is that the default “Email” field does have some validation on it to verify that what is entered is formatted as a valid email address. There is not currently a way to do this with the custom “Text” field, so using the default field does help ensure that a valid email address is collected from the user.

I’m sorry that I don’t have a better answer for you here, but if you would like to go forward with a customization, I would recommend starting with our themer’s guide. We also have a list of recommended developers that you could contact if you would like to get help with the code.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

lvdesigner
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    This answer is just fine and I thank you for taking the time.

I will see if my dev team can move those 2 fields to the top of the form… with that I will be very satisfied.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great, I hope they are able to get it working the way you’d like! As a semi-simple solution, you might have them try adding some CSS to style the fields so that they look like they are all part of one form.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP Confirmation – Why the redundant entry?’ is closed to new replies.