RSVP cannot submit form (error: Please select a value that is no more than -1)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus RSVP cannot submit form (error: Please select a value that is no more than -1)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi,

We have created an event with an RSVP (unlimited capacity) with registration form (all standard functionality of Event Tickets Pro). On the front-end of the website when user goes to submit the RSVP registration from it has an error stating: “Please select a value that is no more than -1”. It appears it does not like the number being entered into the RSVP field.

Is this a bug or config error or what could be going wrong here?

Thanks

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I’m sorry you’re getting that message on the form, but I’ll be happy to help you figure out what’s going on. First, could you please send me a link to an event this is happening on, as well as a screenshot of the tickets section on the event edit screen (with all of the sections expanded)?

Have you tried testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If not, please run through the steps outlined in this article to see if you can confirm/rule out any conflicts. I recommend using the free WP Staging plugin, which lets you crate a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing, if you do not have a testing site already. Please let me know what you find!

And last, can you share your system info with me as well?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Participant

We see a similar issue using Event Tickets Plus where our unlimited ticket shows to the user as ‘-1 available’. We just upgraded to the latest version. See the screenshot attached.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I’m sorry to hear you’re running into this same issue Brian! Could you please open up a new thread referencing this one and share your system information with us so that we can help you figure out what’s going on?

Chris, thanks for sending that info! I tested out the form, but it let me complete it without any errors (see screenshot). Can you tell me which browser you’re using, and if possible, try testing this in a few different browsers and see if you’re still having the same issue in all of them?

Chris
    Participant

Yes, it is now letting you complete it because we changed the unlimited feature because your system has a bug. If you set it to unlimited then the form cannot be submitted

This is easy for you to see what is happening.

Just create a new ticket with rsvp and unlimited rsvps. Then the form will not let the visitors submit.

Very easy to replicate on any system, any wordpress..

Let me know if I can further help

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I hope you enjoyed the holidays!

I have tried to recreate this in my testing environment by adding an unlimited RSVP ticket as you mentioned, but so far I am not able to get the “-1” showing up. I checked our current bug reports as well but did not see anything related to this issue.

I would recommend checking for Javascript errors on the page, which you can do by right clicking on the page, clicking “Inspect”, and then going to the console. Then, try recreating the issue. If you see any errors, please copy/paste them here.

If you can create a test event with an RSVP where this is happening and send me the link, I can test it out further on my end. I would recommend the free WP Staging plugin, which will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing, if you do not currently have a testing site and don’t want to do this on your live site. If you do create this on a testing site, please make sure that you have a default theme enabled and all other plugins besides Event Tickets and The Events Calendar deactivated.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP cannot submit form (error: Please select a value that is no more than -1)’ is closed to new replies.