Roles not blocked from adding events to community

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Roles not blocked from adding events to community

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Reynolds
    Participant

I have blocked various roles to post new events, but those roles can still access the new event form. I verified the capabilities of the roles, and they have no tribe-event capabilities.

Does the functionality only prevent submitting the form, but still allow viewing? I expected it to redirect to the link set in the community settings for blocked roles.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/roles-and-permission-doesnt-works-well/

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As with the other thread that you referenced, have you tried adding the snippet provided by a user to your site?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/roles-and-permission-doesnt-works-well/

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

Hei Jamie, this is a crude code. just for one role. Kind of overriding the bug. some people have more then one role.

This should be in the core of community event plugin, other plugin like membership (recommended by Tribe )or user role editor are not working with the community plugin and restricting the roles to add events.

Hi Gurdeep,

Thank you for your input.  As I mentioned to you elsewhere, you are welcome to add this request to our feature ideas.  Also, please feel free to open a new thread if you should have any other issues.

Chris- please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

Hei Jamie, And this is not a new feature request. It is the hooks in the the calender event product which are not working. Even if i Deny this for a particular role. This is a bug.

Here is Tribe recommendation

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

All denied for customer role : but still can add/delete/edit events.

edit_tribe_events edit_tribe_events
    edit_tribe_events
    edit_others_tribe_events
    edit_others_tribe_events edit_others_tribe_events
    publish_tribe_events publish_tribe_events publish_tribe_events
    read_private_tribe_events
    read_private_tribe_events read_private_tribe_events
    delete_tribe_events delete_tribe_events
    delete_tribe_events
    delete_private_tribe_events delete_private_tribe_events delete_private_tribe_events
    delete_published_tribe_events delete_published_tribe_events delete_published_tribe_events
    delete_others_tribe_events
    delete_others_tribe_events delete_others_tribe_events
    edit_private_tribe_events edit_private_tribe_events edit_private_tribe_events
    edit_published_tribe_events

Thanks
    Gurdeep

Hi Gurdeep,

Thank you for your feedback.  If you are still having this issue, would you mind opening a separate thread?

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Roles not blocked from adding events to community’ is closed to new replies.