Roles and permission doesn't works well

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Roles and permission doesn't works well

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Leopoldo D’Amato
    Participant

I have created many different profiles and roles according on what you defined here Admin roles and permissions.
    When I create a new user, even default one (subscriber) I can add, remove or delete any event.

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

Use this free plugin and remove the permission for all the other roles.

Members – Best Membership and User Role Management Plugin for WordPress

Leopoldo D’Amato
    Participant

Done, but the problem still remain.
    So even if I have deleted all the plugin to manage the different profiles (anyway I need to re-install later to manage what I need), the default user, with all the permission marked as “denied”, can still create events.

Here below the following screenshots:
    1. Author (associated profile)
    2. Profile (permissions of the profile associated to the author)
    3. Event created by the author

Regards

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

Hi Leopoldo, i am just a client like you. Don.t have any other solution.

And i tested it as you said i have the same problem. its very bad.

Leopoldo D’Amato
    Participant

Well…
    let’s wait for somebody help us to solve the issue, that basically appear as a bug…
    🙂
    Meanwhile I will take a look to other plugins…

Regards

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

I made this very crude code, but it works on my site, use it at your own risk.

Copy this file /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php

copy this to [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/edit-event.php

And then copy this code at line 24 or 25 after ?>

Change the name of yoursite.com to your site. subscriber wonæt get access to add event form.

code :

<?php $user = wp_get_current_user();
    if ( in_array( 'subscriber', (array) $user->roles ) ) {
        header("Location: https://www.yoursite.com");
    die();
    }
    ?>

Thanks Gurdeep for all of your help!

Leopoldo, let us know how it goes!

Leopoldo D’Amato
    Participant

Hi Gurdeep,
    thanks for your support, I really appreciate! I would try your solution, but, in principle, I paid for “community events” and it doesn’t works as expected, so why I have to try a solution proposed by a client like me instead to get a final solution by Tribe?

Regards

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

I don’t know what is going om at Tribe. Product is fine, but their are bugs inn community event and community tickets. I am waiting for them to fix for last one and half month.

Its looks like community event and community tickets are not high on priority.

Leopoldo D’Amato
    Participant

Really?
    One month and a half?

Good to know! Thanks for sharing.
    I think I have to find a different solution (plugin)

Hi all,

I apologize if you are unsatisfied with our products so far.  We are constantly working on improving our products and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

If there are features that you’d like to see in Community Events and Community Tickets, feel free to add them to our Feature Ideas page:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Gurdeep- For the bug that you have reported a month ago, I can assure you that work has begun on fixing it, although I cannot give a time frame.  Your thread has been added to the bug report and you will be notified when a fix has been released.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to open another thread and we’d be happy to help!

Leopoldo- What other solution have you found?  Please let us know if you have any other questions for us!

Thanks,

Jaime

Leopoldo D’Amato
    Participant

Hello Jamie thanks for your answer.
    Basically the situation looks clear: I need the support of a client like me (thanks Gurdeep, it works, but I have 3 different roles 😉 ) to get what I paid You for…

Regarding the ideas I have to say that I already supported it in the following thread Charge for event submissions and… but even if there are more or less 300 votes and 87 comments, nobody in Tribe takes the time to define a timeplan.

Well the other solutions I’m trying to find are based on other plugins, like yours, but provided by other Companies.
    Regards

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

Only roles in the array can see the form

<?php

$user = wp_get_current_user();
    $allowed_roles = array('contributor', 'administrator');
     if( array_intersect($allowed_roles, $user->roles ) ) {
       //stuff here for allowed roles
        } else {
        header("Location: https://www.yoursite.com");
    die();
    }

?>

Hi Leopoldo,

I truly appreciate your feedback.  Thank you for adding to our feature requests and please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to assist you.

If you are truly unsatisfied and are still within 30 days of purchase, you are welcome to a full refund.  We’d hate to see you go, but would rather you be happy with what you are doing.

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Roles and permission doesn't works well’ is closed to new replies.