Roles and capabilities – hide attendee lists from other contributos

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Roles and capabilities – hide attendee lists from other contributos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas Lorach
    Participant

Hello,

I want to give my events organizers the ability to create and modify their own events, without being able to modify those of other organizers.

Using the Members plugin and creating roles with adequate capabilities I have been able to make progress. However a given organizer can still see the participants list of other organizers.

Aside from that I haven’t been able to prevent the organizer role from modifying events categories, if you have a snippet to include in functions.phpI qould be happy to know about it.

Best,

Nicolas

Nicolas Lorach
    Participant

For example a user who has the capability ‘edit_tribe_events’ but not the capability ‘edit_others_tribe_events’ (she can only modify her own events) can suppress participants from other event!

Unless you have great trust in your organizers it seems the present Tribe capabilities are not enough.

Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question.

Our plugins do not offer this kind of granularity yet. Nonetheless I understand where you are coming from and we definitely want to improve on our plugins.

I will log this so our developers can have a look at it. Though at this moment I cannot give you any timeline when that is going to happen.

Essentially this looks like a custom development task and so is outside of our stated scope of support. We may be able to assist you further. At the moment we do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time but I’ll certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.  Please let us know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

If you urgently need help with this, however, you may instead wish to consider working with a suitably skilled developer or designer who can offer the additional level of support you require.

Thanks,

Andras

Nicolas Lorach
    Participant

Thank you, I understand,

Actually this post proposing a solution so that a user can only see her posts seems to solve the problem nicely: https://wpmayor.com/how-to-remove-menu-items-in-admin-depending-on-user-role/

Best.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

Oh, great, happy to see you have found a solution that works for you. Congrats!

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Roles and capabilities – hide attendee lists from other contributos’ is closed to new replies.