Right Sidebar moves over Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Right Sidebar moves over Calendar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Berndt

Hey,

i`ve got the problem, that the right sidebar move over the calendar, look here. The idea form Jonah does`t work, but i don`t know why  😡

I paste this on my template.css

.events-gridview .sidebar_1 {

display: none;

}

Will someone please help.
    thanks Berndt

Joyce Grace

Hello Berndt, can you try .sidebars instead of .sidebar_1 and let me know if that works?

Joyce Grace

Hello Brendt, I just want to make sure you’ve tried using the right template to achieve this for you? If you go, in your WordPress dashboard, under Settings > The Events Calendar >
    Then click on the tab that says “Template”.
    Depending on which theme you are using, there may be multiple options for choosing a template, and one of them might accomplish what you want it to do without having to go into the CSS.

For example, I use Genesis, and I have the option to use either the “Default Page Template” (which comes with my theme), or “Default Events Template.”

If I were to use “Default Page Template” then it would use the number of columns I have specified as the “default” in my Genesis theme settings.

That’s just an example of how I would be able to customize it, because of the theme I’m using, but my main message here is to make sure you first try different Template settings in the Events Calendar Settings area before trying to change your CSS.

Berndt

Hey Joyce,
    thanks for help, but neither sidebars or sidebar_1 does`t work. I use Thesis and under Settings > The Events Calendar > Template i can select
    1. Standard Event Template
    2. Standard WordPress Template
    3. Custom Template
    4. No Sidebars
    Whatever I select nothing work. Are there other options?
    Greeting from germany,
    Berndt

Joyce Grace

Hello Berndt, I will try to see if I can get someone else to have a look at this, though it’s possible it may be outside the scope of support here because of the customization required (as noted in the forum that you pointed me to earlier). But let me see what I can do.

Greetings from Canada 🙂 (I’ve been to Neuss, Dusseldorf, and Neckartzimmern – where I missed a train and couldn’t communicate with anyone except a very helpful bus driver. The train ride from Netherlands to Dusseldorf was cheaper than from Dusselorf to Neckartzimmern.)

Joyce Grace

Hi Berndt, on another forum posting I saw this, which might be the same issue you’re having: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/thesis-theme-and-no_sidebars-template/

Berndt

Hi Joyce,

great, it works.

Thanks a lot and nice weekend,
    Berndt

Joyce Grace

That’s wonderful! I’m so glad! You also have a nice weekend!

Berndt

Oh sorry, I’m to fast. It does`t work at community event list.

Maybe you got an idea.

Greetings, Berndt

Rob

Thanks for the follow-up, Berndt. Not sure what Joyce’s schedule is like today so let me see if Jonah can point you in the right direction when he hits the forums this afternoon. Thanks for your patience so far!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Berndt, so are you just wanting to hide the sidebar on the community event list page?

– Jonah

Berndt

Hi Jonah,

yes, I want to hide the sidebar in addition on the community event list page to.

Cheers,
    Berndt

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Berndt,

Unfortunately there’s no quick fix for this but it’s not too difficult if you’re comfortable digging into your themes template files a bit and modifying some PHP.

Basically, the Community Events plugin is using your theme’s page.php template in WordPress. So, you edit page.php and conditionally modify where/how the sidebar is being called with get_sidebar() by using the following conditional functions:

if(tribe_is_community_my_events_page()) {
    echo 'this is the my events page!';
    }

if(tribe_is_community_edit_event_page()) {
    echo 'this is the add/edit events page!';
    }

Alternatively you may also be able to figure out some other way by editing your themes sidebar.php template or just doing it via code in functions.php

Sorry but I can’t spend time going into more specifics. I hope that helps.

– Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Right Sidebar moves over Calendar’ is closed to new replies.