Reverse Chronological Order in List View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Reverse Chronological Order in List View

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Myles
    Participant

Morning All!

I have followed the instructions for customizing the plugin to match my sites theme and needs. All has worked very well except 2 issues that occurred and I do not know the fix for it.

On my page I have it custom designed to show a large calendar view at the top of the page with a list view at the bottom of the page (both views, one page). Looks/works good as I intended.

Issue 1:
    /event/ & /events/ slugs appear reversed. In settings I have it set to the default plural and non-plural format. However when a user goes to the /events/ page they see only 1 event instead of all events.
    Same event every time. It is not a featured event, it is not the first event in the month. It is an event that was submitted via the Community Events plugin. Whatever Community Event is most recently submitted is the event that gets listed on this page.

It should, being the /events/ slug list all upcoming events for the month.

I assume I duplicated then edited the wrong file for this. Which files(s) in the views folder will accomplish what I need?

Issue 2:
    On the /event/ sections, where it mistakenly shows all events instead of a single, it lists all events for the current month except events submitted through the Community Events plugin. It only shows admin submitted events.

Issue 3:
    On the /event/ sections, where it mistakenly shows all events instead of a single, it lists all events for the current month in reverse chronological order. Last event for the month first.

It should be first to last.

I updated the Modern Tribe plugins this morning through the WordPress autoupdate and they are current.
    Events Calendar: 4.5.2.1
    Events Calendar PRO: 4.4.7
    Events Calendar Community Events: 4.4.5

I have Calendar installed on another site (different license) and it works flawlessly, but it is 100% out of the box, nothing custom done to it. So I am certain when making the customization I must have copied the incorrect files for something. Just do not know which.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Myles,

I’m happy to help you with what I can here. 🙂

Unfortunately, we can’t support customizations like this to our plugins on this forum. We are only able to support  issues with out of the box features, plugins, and styles as they operate with our other plugins and built in WordPress functionality when using the WordPress default themes. If you have a specific question about where the code for a certain setting or style exists, I’d be happy to answer those questions as well.

However, it seems that you may be at the point of  hiring a developer to help you wrap up these changes and iron out your code. We do have some resources for finding people to help here. 🙂

Hope this helps, and thanks for understanding!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Myles
    Participant

I really just need guidance on why when I am displaying a list below a calendar it only displays the latest Community event posted instead of all events.

I need to display the list of all events, not just 1.
    If there is a specific php file that controls this list, I can look there. But I am pretty sure I did use those files.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Myles,

Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, because you’ve made your own customizations, we can’t provide support and properly troubleshoot this, as it is not our original code.

I think you’ll find that everything is functioning as expected if you temporarily disable your customizations. If that is not the case, I’d be happy to help you sort out any issues with the original code an functionality of our plugin.

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Myles
    Participant

Okay, how about this.

I have a page where I display the Events Calendar in the Month format.
    I want to also display the same events in List format on the same page, below the calendar.
    2 views. 1 Page.

Can this be done, and if so how?

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Myles,

Yes this is definitely possible. 🙂

Unfortunately, this kind of request isn’t a built in option, and would require some customization that we can’t provide on these forums. However, we do have a Themer’s Guide you can reference for making these changes here. If you need to find someone to help with the customizations, we also have some tips for finding help here.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Shelby 🙂

Myles
    Participant

Sorry, no this does not help Shelby. I’m trying to love your product and support. I feel I am asking a simple, straight forward question.

Not asking for complete step by step how to, just simple and basic guidance on what file I should be looking at. Nothing more. If it is “Definitely Possible” please give me some kind of hint as to how or show me a site that has done it.

I have followed the Theme Guide and made several changes, all well and good. Everything I did functions as needed and looks as needed.

The only item I cannot achieve is the list display and calendar display on the same page. That’s it.
    Following the guide I am able to get it to almost work. But it displays the wrong list.

Again, to be clear, I do not need it done for me and I do not complete detailed instructions. I just need to know what file I should be referencing for the list and if possible an example of a site doing this.

Myles
    Participant

How about shortcodes or embed codes?
    Is it possible to display a list of events of a specific page within WordPress beyond the events page?

I’ve tried using the sidebar widget, but the information/template available within the sidebar is nowhere near are well put together as the regular list is.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again Myles,

I’m happy to answer this question! 🙂

You can find the information on the shortcodes available in Events Calendar PRO here.

Can you let me know if this helps with what you’re looking to do?

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Myles
    Participant

Sadly no, the shortcodes/embed codes are not the correct format. I tried every iteration of them.
    They do work, and work well, just not displaying what I want to display.

The shortcodes/embed codes display the same list I get when using the sidebar widget, which is not the same as what I get when I view on page as a list. Totally different format/style/content.

I am looking to view the actual list page on the same page as the calendar. Instead of using a drop down menu to choose your display type I want both on the same page.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Myles,

While I understand what you are trying to do (and you’ve already made some great headway in relation to this goal – nice work!), I’m afraid there’s not much else I can provide: a solid working knowledge of WP development is likely to be needed here to wrap up your customizations.

We do always try to help and point users making these sorts of changes in the right direction where we can, and we wish we could do more to help you but, in this case specifically, I’m afraid we’re at the limits of what we can offer here on the support forums.

Thanks you for understanding, and best of luck with this project.

Cheers,

Shelby 🙂

Myles
    Participant

So, to recap. You say it can be done, but you cannot show me anywhere it has been done or provide any clue as to how it can be done. Right?

I have made lots of headway and have extensive WP knowledge, skills and experience. What I am doing has little to do with that. What I am missing is the Modern Tribe knowledge and support.

Everything works EXCEPT instead of pulling the correct events it pulls only certain events. Not what I need. I need all events. Simple? Guess not.

Think I will find a different way of doing this or move on to a different tool.

Myles
    Participant

Resolved. Another hour of Google and I found a potential solution.
    https://pastebin.com/zN4gfeM1

Had to modify the code but it was very helpful.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Myles,

So glad to see you found a solution here! We appreciate you sharing it in our forums.

I’m going to be closing this thread now, but feel free to reach out in the future with any questions or concerns you may have. 🙂

Thanks!
    Shelby 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Reverse Chronological Order in List View’ is closed to new replies.