Responsive Breakpoint – Hitting a max issue displaying tribe-mobile-container

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Responsive Breakpoint – Hitting a max issue displaying tribe-mobile-container

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Natasha

Hi, my previous thread at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/responsive-breakpoint-filter-not-working/ will give you some background. Just a small further issue I’ve found…

I’m trying to display the ‘mobile’ calendar at all times, so I set the filter for breakpoint to be 5000 pixels, and added the mobile stylesheet at all times as per my previous thread, however, if the browser is 2018 pixels or higher, the days of the week return to full names and the div with ID tribe-mobile-container is not added to the page (so you click on a day but it doesn’t show the events as they need the container to load into).

My first thought is there’s some sort of browser width limit on the javascript that calls these functions. Are you able to shed any light on where this may be?

Natasha

Just to clarify – this happens on the default themes as well, this issue is not theme dependent.

Geoff B.

Good evening Natasha and welcome back!

Thank you for writing back.

That is indeed interesting and I do not have a logical explanation for this failed customization.
    With that in mind, forcing true mobile view everywhere would be a really nice feature.

In fact, you can suggest it or cast your vote on other features in our User Voice forum.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Natasha

Thanks, I’ve added it to the user voice area as a request. Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction of what file is appending the div tribe-mobile-container to the page? It doesn’t seem to be in any view by default, more likely added by javascript. That may be helpful to start tracking down where the issue lays and finding a solution.

Natasha

Hi, I’ve found the file that causes this issue.

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/general.php contains this code:

if ( has_filter( 'tribe_events_mobile_breakpoint' ) ) {
    $attrs['data-mobilebreak'] = "2000";
    }

This is whats causing the issue. If I increase it to 5000 it fixes it, however obviously that isn’t update proof. Do you know if there’s a way to redefine the data-mobilebreak? Or override it from a template file?

Geoff B.

Good evening Natasha,

Wow! This is an awesome find!

I will ask if an override is possible to our Dev staff and get back to you with my findings.

Thank you for sharing!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good evening Natasha,

I spoke with dev and it turns out the line you are referring to should not be in our code at all.

I am not sure how that code ended up there.
    Could you send me copy of that file (general.php) ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Natasha
    Geoff B.

Good morning Natasha,

Thank you for the file.

I see what you mean. So you replaced tribe_get_mobile_breakpoint() by “5000”.

I’ll update dev on this.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good evening Natasha,

I just wanted to follow-up on this one.

A formal ticket has been opened for integrating the ability to bypass the filter properly.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 7th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue :slightly_smiling_face:

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Responsive Breakpoint – Hitting a max issue displaying tribe-mobile-container’ is closed to new replies.