Responsive breakpoint filter not working

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Responsive breakpoint filter not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Natasha

Hi, I’m trying to set the responsive breakpoint to 3000+ pixels, so the ‘mobile’ calendar is what displays at all times even on desktop. This doesn’t seem to have any results:

function customize_tribe_events_breakpoint()
    {return 3000;}
    add_filter( ‘tribe_events_mobile_breakpoint’, ‘customize_tribe_events_breakpoint’ );

I’m running the standard version of the events calendar (not the pro version) – is this filter only available on the pro version? or is there a bug?

Geoff B.

Good evening Natasha and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your question.

Normally, the breakpoint filter should work (as found here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/#responsive) with the regular and pro versions.

If that is not the case, then it is likely something in your WordPress theme is interfering.

I would recommend trying it out with a default WordPress theme to see if that changes anything.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Natasha

Thanks, I’ve set it up on the twentyfifteen theme and it works correctly there. On my theme however, the days of the week change to the shorter versions but thats the only change. Do you know where to start looking to modify the theme to be compatible with the responsive trigger?

Natasha

Hi, after some investigation, I’ve managed to find the issue. I’m using a Fusion theme (Avada) and it was calling its own breakpoint. I added these lines to functions.php and it is now calling the mobile stylesheet at all times (originally my breakpoint was set to 800 in the fusion theme options so it was only calling it at less than 800). Hopefully this is of some use to someone:

function theme_enqueue_styles() {
    wp_register_style(‘tribemobile’, ‘/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/resources/css/tribe-events-full-mobile.min.css’, array(), ‘1.0’, ‘all’);
    wp_enqueue_style(‘tribemobile’, false, array(), false, ‘all and (min-width: 801px)’);

}

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ );

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Natasha,

I’m super stoked that you found the solution and more importantly, that you have shared it with everybody.

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Responsive breakpoint filter not working’ is closed to new replies.