Reselling Tickets/Affiliates

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Reselling Tickets/Affiliates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TJ

Hi,
    Just wanting to know, does this solution allow you to sell tickets to an event through a reseller/affiliate kind of system?

e.g. An event is added to my site, a user clicks “purchase ticket” and it will then either bring them to the purchase portal of Ticket Master or someone, and I make a companion via the referral with Ticket Master? Or, can your solution process the payment and then the backend will purchase the ticket from the third party (Ticket Master)?

Basically I want to use this plugin+my website as a middle person between the user and the official ticket seller.

Thanks,

Caroline

Hi there! Thanks for checking us out!

Great question! You may want to look into our Eventbrite Tickets plugin to see if it’s a good fit for what you’re looking to achieve–it sounds like its functionality might work great for your needs!

https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-eventbrite-tickets/

Our Knowledgebase articles for Eventbrite Tickets go into a bit more detail about the plugin’s features and functionality, and we’d be happy to answer any specific inquiries that should come to mind right here! 🙂

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and don’t hesitate to follow up if you should have any other questions!

TJ

Thanks for the follow up. In regards to this solution you recommended, do I have to be the one who creates the events on Eventbrite? Or can I use existing events that have been created by other people? For instance, if there is a arts & crafts fair being put on by another company (not by me) can I use their Event is code and still make a commission on the sale of the ticket even if it is not my event?

Caroline

Hi again,

Thanks for clarifying a bit on what you’re hoping to do here! Unfortunately, as Eventbrite Tickets needs to be associated with a specific Eventbrite account to function properly, it’s unable to facilitate the sale of tickets from multiple vendors. In this case, you might want to consider our Community Tickets plugin–this will allow you to have vendors create and sell tickets directly through your site, and our split payments feature will do the work of separating out commission to be paid to you! You can read more about how split payments work in Community Tickets here (near the bottom):

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-community-tickets/

If this sounds like it might be a feasible solution for you, I’d encourage you to take a look at our Community Manager Bundle, which contains all of the plugins needed to deploy Community Tickets in one discounted package! We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have about it or any of our other products you’re considering. 🙂

I hope that helps! Thanks, and let us know if you should have any more questions!

Caroline

Hi there! It looks like your issue is resolved here, so I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread for now to keep things moving along. Please don’t hesitate to follow up with a new thread if you should have any other questions or concerns! Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Reselling Tickets/Affiliates’ is closed to new replies.