Repeating Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Repeating Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jay

Hello,
    I’m investigate calendars for our non-profit bicycle club and I had a few question:
    Events:
    1) We need events to repeat every 1 year or 52 weeks on the same day of the week, do you support this?
    2) Do we need to put an end date in for the above repetition pattern, or can it be forever?
    3) If I can repeat forever, is there a performance hit for that?
    4) Can I change/delete a large number of events at the same time? I noticed that I can delete in bulk, but is limited to 20 events at a time. Could I delete all events from the Calendar?
    5) It would be really good if I could import a file CSV file that would support repeating events. Other calendars do this, but I know your’s doesn’t.
    Pricing
    1) I know that Pro is required for the repeating events, is there a way to test the features out before purchasing?
    2) Can I purchase 1 month instead of a year to test with? Do you offer refunds if it turns out not to be suitable for our needs?
    3)

I think your calendar looks the most professional but I really need to be able to test it with the repeating events.
    Thank you,
    Jay

Courtney

Hi there Jay

Here’s a look at the settings for our recurring events:

recurring options

And an article going over the setup:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-recurring-events/

1) We need events to repeat every 1 year or 52 weeks on the same day of the week, do you support this?

Yes!

2) Do we need to put an end date in for the above repetition pattern, or can it be forever?

Don’t fill in an end date, it’ll automatically recur until you end the series

3) If I can repeat forever, is there a performance hit for that?

No, performance hits are for usually for attempting to display a longer time span at once than our defaults, such as 99 events in list view.

4) Can I change/delete a large number of events at the same time? I noticed that I can delete in bulk, but is limited to 20 events at a time. Could I delete all events from the Calendar?

At this time, we don’t have a bulk delete option. However, several WordPress plugins that bulk delete posts will also work with our “Events” as these are considered WordPress Custom Post Types.

5) It would be really good if I could import a file CSV file that would support repeating events. Other calendars do this, but I know your’s doesn’t.

We do support a single instance of a .csv file import. You could create your master events list, and then set up the recurring functionality. Also, Event Aggregator supports importing from sources such as Google Calendar, iCal, etc.

Pricing
    1) I know that Pro is required for the repeating events, is there a way to test the features out before purchasing?

We don’t have a live demo of the admin side, but you can see the published public side at our demo site: http://wpshindig.com/events

2) Can I purchase 1 month instead of a year to test with? Do you offer refunds if it turns out not to be suitable for our needs?

We do not have a monthly option. We do offer 30 day refunds if you find the plugin does not meet your needs. It’s just a matter of submitting a refund request form at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/. s

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Repeating Events’ is closed to new replies.