repeat—Duplicated event has a second venue instance and things venue is missin

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets repeat—Duplicated event has a second venue instance and things venue is missin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    d20games
    Participant

I deleted an old venue and now when I duplicate old events it is unable to sync with eventbrite because it says the venue is missing. it shows two venues on the page and one will not go away, though both can be changed. the last thread suggested that I merge the venues, and points to a location in the settings that does not have that function. Please help. I have a lot of events that we run frequently and the Idea of needing to rebuild all those is daunting.

Ben

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Ben,

I’d love to help here!

Can you please confirm for me that you followed Geoff’s suggestions here? Based on your comments in this thread, it seems like perhaps you didn’t understand what he was asking you to do, and I’d be more than happy to clarify if you need it. πŸ™‚

Cheers,

Shelby πŸ™‚

d20games
    Participant

As I mentioned, the steps I was instructed to follow lead to pages that didn’t have those functions. no “β€œMerge duplicate venue” button under Events -> Settings -> General”. I’ve included the screen shots to show the problem.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again Ben,

Thanks for letting me know about this!

1. Can you possibly deactivate all your other plugins and let me know if this resolves the issue?
    2. Can you please let me know what versions of our plugins and WP you’re running?

Answering these for me will help me better assist you.

Cheers,

Shelby πŸ™‚

d20games
    Participant

We’ve already been through that and established that there is a bug in the code relating to this. I just want to know A) is it being fixed
    B) how can I work around this.

I have about 25-30 events that I keep repeating through variations. I currently duplicate those using Duplicate TEC Event plugin, which has worked perfectly until I deleted the old venue that was in the previous events. I’ve replaced it with one of the same name, but now get this weird behavior with all the old ones. It’s a ton of work to redo all these events, so I’m looking to find the work around.

Ben

d20games
    Participant

The Events Calendar
    Deactivate | Edit | Settings | Calendar
    The Events Calendar is a carefully crafted, extensible plugin that lets you easily share your events. Beautiful. Solid. Awesome.

Version 4.5.7 | By Modern Tribe, Inc. | View details | Support | View All Add-Ons
    Select The Events Calendar Category Colors
    The Events Calendar Category Colors
    Activate | Edit | Delete
    This plugin adds event category background coloring to The Events Calendar plugin.

Version 4.6.6 | By Andy Fragen, Barry Hughes | View details
    Select The Events Calendar Housekeeper
    The Events Calendar Housekeeper
    Deactivate | Edit
    Adds tools to keep your events under control. This version targets Events Calendar PRO 3.x.

Version 1.2.2 | By Barry Hughes
    Select The Events Calendar PRO
    The Events Calendar PRO
    Deactivate | Edit
    The Events Calendar PRO, a premium add-on to the open source The Events Calendar plugin (required), enables recurring events, custom attributes, venue pages, new widgets and a host of other premium features.

Version 4.4.13 | By Modern Tribe, Inc. | Support | View All Add-Ons
    Select The Events Calendar Shortcode
    The Events Calendar Shortcode
    Activate | Edit | Delete
    An addon to add shortcode functionality for The Events Calendar Plugin (Free Version) by Modern Tribe.

Version 1.6 | By Event Calendar Newsletter | View details
    Select The Events Calendar User CSS
    The Events Calendar User CSS
    Activate | Edit | Delete
    A plugin to work alongside The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO plugin(s) to allow users to add and load custom CSS from their {theme}/tribe-events/tribe-events.css file.

Version 1.4.2 | By Andy Fragen | View details
    Select The Events Calendar: Agenda View
    The Events Calendar: Agenda View
    Activate | Edit | Delete
    This plugin adds an agenda view to your Tribe The Events Calendar suite.

Version 1.0 | By Modern Tribe, Inc.
    Select The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets
    The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets
    Deactivate | Edit
    Looking to track attendees, sell tickets and more? Eventbrite is a free service that provides the full power of a conference ticketing system. This plugin extends Events Calendar with all the basic Eventbrite controls without ever leaving WordPress. In the absence of Events Calendar, this plugin provides interfaces to easily insert Eventbrite widgets into posts, the sidebar, or anywhere in your template files. Don’t have an Eventbrite account? No problem, use the following link to set one up: http://www.eventbrite.com/r/etp

Version 4.4.5 | By Modern Tribe, Inc.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Ben,

Did you report this bug on a previous thread? If so, please send me the link. If not, I’ll be doing some testing to confirm the bug on my end and opening a bug ticket for you in our system so that this can get into the queue to be resolved. πŸ™‚

Please let me know so I can work toward resolution for this issue.

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

d20games
    Participant
    Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Ben,

I checked into the bug ticket associated with your previous thread, and it seems the fix is still in development. I’ve added this ticket to the list and I’ve bumped it in priority accordingly. πŸ™‚

This ticket will be marked Pending Fix (so it won’t be closed). You’ll be updated when there’s a fix. πŸ™‚

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Ben!

Just replied to your other thread. But just in case you missed it let me share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 24 July 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue πŸ™‚

Find out more about this release β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-24-july-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Please read the post below this one.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Ben!

I’m sorry for the confusion here, but we had a misunderstanding with the bug report and I wrongly informed you that this issue was fixed. The following is what we actually discovered about this issue:

The venue assignment/handling system with Eventbrite is a bit sensitive, and soΒ if even a small difference exists between the name/address info of an ostensibly-“same” venue, two different venues will be made on Eventbrite.com.

For example, if you use the abbreviation “St.” for “Street” (with period), and on another event you use “St” (without period), it will consider it a different address, thus a different venue. So this is not the same as “duplicate venues”

Could you please confirm this is the same case for you? Let us know about it.

I apologise once again for the confusion.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘repeat—Duplicated event has a second venue instance and things venue is missin’ is closed to new replies.