Reoccurring Event Exclusion Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Reoccurring Event Exclusion Issue

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    City
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to create an event where the event occurs every Tuesday except for the 2nd tuesday of every month.

I have set up a reoccurring event with the following rules:
    • Custom and will end on the 26/12/17
    • Frequency Weekly every 1 week
    • Tuesday, Same time
    • Exclusion: Monthly, will not occur on the 1 Month
    • on the Second Tuesday.

So far I have only been able to get it to create one event.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Nico

Howdy @cityofsailsrocknroll,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us! I’ll help you here 🙂

Can you please send over a screenshot of the recurrence settings for the event? Also, please follow-up with your system information so I can check for any setting related to date format making this fail.

Thanks so much,
    Nico

City
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Thanks for following up!

There’s something I noticed in your recurrence settings: the event is set to recur on Wednesdays, and the exclusion is set on Tuesdays. Can you check on it?

Best,
    Nico

City
    Participant

Hi Nico,

How stupid do I feel. For some reason I was thinking the appropriate tick box was
    the box to the right not the left. Clicked the correct check box and BINGO! it’s working.

Sorry to waste your time, thank you for your patience. We’re a non-profit Club and decided
    to allocate some funds towards your plugin and I have to say, so far you have been absolutely
    brilliant! Thank you.

City
    Participant

Sorry Nico,

I thought I had solved my issue, but I haven’t. The event is now reoccurring,
    however the vent has been listed for the Tuesday 13th of September 2016, which
    I think is the second Tuesday of September. This Should be the excluded Tuesday.

Thanks.

Nico

Thanks for following up @City!

I could reproduce this issue now when using Auckland timezone (and the correct recurring settings) 🙁

Using UTC as the event timezone makes the exclusions right again. I’ll log this bug in our product backlog and link it with this thread so you’ll get an update when this is fixed.

Another workaround this is to create the series without the exclusions in Auckland timezone and manually trash the instances on the second Tuesdays. While it might require more manual work once it’s set up it will be working!

For now I’m setting the status to Pending Fix and hope to have new soon on when this will be fixed,

Sorry for the hassle this might cause,
    Best,
    Nico

PS: thanks for the kind words on our product and service!

City
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Thank you for delving into this issue. I really appreciate it.
    I will stay tuned.

Nico

You are welcome @City! Let’s hope this gets fixed soon 🙂

Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Geoff

Hey there, just a heads up that we released Events Calendar PRO 4.2.5 moments ago and it included a fix for this issue. Please do update when you have the chance and definitely let us know if you continue to have any issues at all.

Thanks so much for reporting this and for your patience while we worked on a fix.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Reoccurring Event Exclusion Issue’ is closed to new replies.