Reoccuring Facebook events not importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Reoccuring Facebook events not importing

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by john mccurdy.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    john mccurdy
    Participant

I have several reoccurring facebook events that are not importing with my scheduled event imports using the events aggregator.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi John!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Let me help you with that issue.

First, please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/.

Then, you please share with us, in a private reply if you’d like, the Facebook URL where you are trying to import those events from? And let us know which are the recurring events you are not able to import. We’ll try to run some tests with them on our end and see what we can find.

Thanks,
    Victor

john mccurdy
    Participant
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi John!

Thanks for coming back with those URLs.

I’m not able to navigate to https://www.facebook.com/carrolltonalive/. It seems that page may not be publicly accessible, which would explain why you can’t import events from it. Bear in mind that all facebook URLs must be publicly accessible so that Event Aggregator can fetch events from it.

As for the second event URL, I’ve been able to import the five events available for it. Please note, they will import as single events in your site. At the moment, Event Aggregator does not support importing recurring events as such.

Are you getting a different behavior? Please let me know about it.

Best,
    Victor

john mccurdy
    Participant

Public feed is: https://facebook.com/carrolltonalive

Did you get the reoccurring events to import via the aggregator? Or did you have to do it manually? If you did it with the aggregator, does it work with the Scheduled import as well?

When I am able to get a reoccurung event to import, I see them as individual events. This is perfectly fine. The problem is that I can’t get it to work all the time. I have my imports set up as scheduled imports via the aggregator.

Thank you for your help with this.

John

john mccurdy
    Participant

Looks like it might be because the events we are trying to import are scheduled for a couple of months in the future and we have a lot of FB events before these that are imported. Is there a limit on how many can be imported at a time?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi John!

Thanks for keeping us posted about this.

Yes, you can modify how far in the future to import events by navigating to your wp-admin > Events > Settings > Imports tab and under Global Import Settings you’ll find the Import Limit Type and Import Date Range Limit options.

As for the Facebook URL, I can also confirm that I’m able to import events from it.

Please let me know if modifying the import limit option works for you.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Reoccuring Facebook events not importing’ is closed to new replies.