Reoccuring events not registering all days

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Reoccuring events not registering all days

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    iyfm
    Participant

Hi Support,

Our client is using event tickiet plus with woocommerce.

This is the situation:

1 Event Multiple days (6 in total)
    – 1 event
    – 6 event days
    – 6 event tickeckt (with unique date)

Now after purchase only the first event shows that a customer bought it. But we need that customer registered to all 6 events.

We tried to checking to all seperate days, thought that would work.

I hope you can help!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just to clarify, are you adding tickets to a recurring event (an event that repeats on 5 other days) or to a multi-day event (an event that lasts 6 consecutive days)?

Can you please send me a link to this event, along with your system info, so that I can take a look?

Thanks,

Jennifer

iyfm
    Participant

This reply is private.

iyfm
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying and sending that information over!

Tickets on recurring events are technically for the series as a whole – it is currently not possible to add individual tickets to each date in the series. So, when users buy a ticket on a series, they are in essence registering for each date in the series, even though only the first date will show on the ticket by default.

Would displaying all dates in the series on the ticket solve this problem for you? If so, you could do this by customizing the ticket template. This article has instructions on how to copy it into your child theme, where you can edit it. Our list of functions should also be helpful. We are a bit limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you want to give it a try and get stuck or have any questions, please let me know. I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!

If this solution isn’t doesn’t help or I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for, please let me know!

iyfm
    Participant

Hi jennifer,

Thanks for you reply.

The thing is we need to have a way to register the customer to all dates in the series. I see in forum more people requested.

Is there a customastion service?

Displaying the dates we could do with text?

Or do you mean something else?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jennifer
    Keymaster

We do have an open feature request for adding support for recurring tickets, meaning that each date in a recurring event series can have its own tickets. Currently, only the series as a whole can have tickets.

If you’re selling all dates in the series together, then displaying all dates in the series on the tickets might work for you. The purpose here would really be to provide clarity to the users that their tickets were indeed good for all dates in the series.

If you’re wanting to sell each date in a series individually, then currently the only way to do this would be to create 6 separate tickets on the series, one for each day (example: General Admission March 1, General Admission Mar 8, etc.). All 6 tickets will show up on all dates in the series, so users would need to select the ticket for the date they want to attend.

We are currently working on improving this functionality, and if you are interested in recurring tickets, please do cast your vote for the feature request so that you can stay up to date on progress!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Reoccuring events not registering all days’ is closed to new replies.