Renewal is $89

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Renewal is $89

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Why is the renewal as much as the original purchase price, and you have retired the ‘unlimited’ facebook plug-in that was far more useful allowing multiple events to be added together.

Can someone explain how this plugin keeps getting less features and more pricey? The renewals are growing more and more close to the original price also..

Are you losing that many customers you have to bleed us, when already you are the most expensive plugin (with not the most features I might add).

Really peed off. #reallypeed

Chris
    Participant

Also why can’t I continue to use the current version of the plugin. Aggrigator was a FREE part of ECPro when it was released, now it’s not even a version plugin.

It has now banned me from importing any new urls!! WTF!! WTF!! WTF!! WTF!! WTF!!

I PAID for this and in Australia that means I OWN IT (outright no matter what the licence says – love our laws) so your modification of my property is equivalent of a illegal hack.

Please explain how why you are HACKING client websites?

You have now MODIFIED the functionality. Please explain how this is the ONLY plugin that locks you out DAY 1 after it expires.

My wife has been in hospital for 5 weeks and we have 3 kids 2, 4 an 6 that I’ve had to look after and I come back to see everything is expired and TURNED OFF.

Yeah thanks.

BEWARE PEOPLE\ your site could be locked up at any time if you miss the renewal date (even though you own the plugin?!!!)

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Chris.
    Barry

Hi Chris,

I’m sorry to hear about your wife – I can understand that would be a stressful situation.

Please explain how why you are HACKING client websites? … BEWARE PEOPLE\ your site could be locked up at any time if you miss the renewal date (even though you own the plugin?!!!)

Hopefully I’ve explained our position in this other topic and we can continue the discussion there if needed.

Claiming that we ‘hack’ client websites and that we ‘lock’ up their sites, though, is simply untrue and misleading so I’ll address it here also: we do not and would never hack a customer site. Nor, if you choose not to renew your subscription, does your site suddenly lock up — that is a very dramatic description of events indeed.

It is however true that – in the case of Event Aggregator specifically (which is not a plugin but a service we provide) – you will not be able to perform additional imports when your license key expires. There is nothing untoward about that and, as covered in your other forum topic, it does not involve ‘hacking’ your site.

To reuse an analogy: if you cease to pay for an internet service, your provider does not hack your computer to remove your access to their service. This is just the same and your site will continue working – it’s just that our service will stop supplying it with events from other sources such as Facebook, Meetup or any of the other supported event feeds.

Can someone explain how this plugin keeps getting less features and more pricey?

I disagree with this: previously, if you wished to import events from different sources (such as iCal and Facebook), you would need to purchase multiple different plugins.

With our Event Aggregator service you can import from multiple sources, no extra plugins needed. It’s also, I’d suggest, a very fair pricing model.

The renewals are growing more and more close to the original price also..

We did revise our renewal prices and the discounts are not as large as they used to be.

This isn’t an attempt to ‘bleed’ you, though, it’s an attempt for us to continue delivering quality products and services in a sustainable manner. We are aware that not everyone is happy with this and we’re listening to your feedback — but we also have to do what makes sense for us as a business, as that is what allows us to continue developing and improving all that we offer.

Really peed off. #reallypeed

I understand that and I do hope I’ve explained our position adequately. If you want to discuss it further, just let me know.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Renewal is $89’ is closed to new replies.