Removing more than 20 events at a time

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Removing more than 20 events at a time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

I need to remove all of my events and am looking for a way to do that without only doing 20 at a time from the events screen. I’ve had the errors about the not being able to find any events after deleting them and was not able to use the script to clean 50 “notes” created in deleted items but I was able to use the plugin that someone referenced in another thread to clean out the deleted items in the DB. After adding the ical import again after cleaning the database, it did work to bring the events in from the ics feed but I forgot to attach the event category AND it only brought in some of the events before crapping out returning this error:
    The server responded with a malformed response. Please see the JS console for more information. “The server responded with a malformed response. Please see the JS console for more information”.
    So I want to remove the events again (1400 or so) and then run the plugin to optimize and clean the DB and then try adding the ics import again. Is there a way that I can remove more than 20 events at a time?

George
    Participant

Hey @Rob,

There are separate issues that need to be addressed but the first thing to address is the bulk-deletion of events.

Now, you can definitely do more than 20 at a time – if you head to the main “Events” listing page in your site’s wp-admin, then you can click the “Screen Options” tab in the top-right corner of the page and then increase the number of events per page to whatever you want…

However, this can be a bit of a pain because if you get, say, 100 events to show up at a time, often if you bulk-delete all of the events on the page it will crash the server because of the amount of data being processed.

So a better option in my opinion, and what I would personally recommend, is to use a plugin that is coded specifically to handle this problem of too-much-data. A plugin like this, for example → https://wordpress.org/plugins/bulk-delete/

––

Use that plugin on events and let me know what further issues remain on your site – we can go from there to try and get things sorted out.

To that end, then, in your reply can you include your “System information”? Here’s how to do that: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing more than 20 events at a time’ is closed to new replies.