Removing Event Venue from import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Removing Event Venue from import

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jeremy.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant

We have many venues in this area that have a different name on Facebook as they do in real life. Is there a way to ignore the venue on ALL imports, so we can manually enter the data? Right now when we import from FB especially, we get duplicate venue listings, i.e.: Benson’s Tavern and Bensons Tavern. It also messes with our category sorting and our venue list on our website, which are both generated by the Event Aggregator. Thanks!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy!

When you are setting up the import, and you are at the “preview” step, you can assign the columns to a particular data field. To skip the venue portion, just set the column for the venue to not import.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
    Sky

Jeremy
    Participant

Hi Sky,

Thanks so much for your reply. I was really hoping that would work, but our “preview” doesn’t have all the fields..and I don’t know how to add them here so that I can set it up to ignore the venue from importing…

Sky
    Keymaster

Jeremy,

I apologize, that is only true for the CSV imports apparently. There are no settings for preventing any of the data fields from Facebook being imported. This may be possible with a custom PHP snippet, but this is beyond the scope of what I can help you with here. If you’d like, we have a queue for customization requests that I can add this to. Someone will take a look and see if it’s something we can accommodate. Can’t guarantee if or when, but it’s worth a shot.

Let me know if you’d like to proceed with that request.

Thanks,
    Sky

Jeremy
    Participant

Hi Sky, yes! That would be great, please add it. Can facebook events be added through the CSV route?
    Thanks,
    Cailey and Jamie

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I will add this to the customization queue.

Regarding facebook events, I do not believe facebook provides a way to export as CSV. Technically, any events can be imported via CSV, so if you have a way to convert facebook events into that format, I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t work. The official way to import facebook events is to use our Event Aggregator service.

Good luck with the customization!
    Sky

Cliff

Jeremy, you can alter what gets imported using one or more of our hooks.

Here’s a snippet that disallows Venues from being imported (for all EA imports, not just from Facebook — let me know if that’s what you want instead):

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/f2045efa4b19b39d1b52db5d072b85a7

Please reference https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/implementing-custom-code-snippets/ for how to implement custom code snippets.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing Event Venue from import’ is closed to new replies.