Remove WordPress Organizer Link

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Remove WordPress Organizer Link

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kandace
    Participant

When I post an event from Events Calendar Pro (on my site) to Eventbrite, my organizer URL gets added to my Eventbrite organizer information. How can I stop this from showing up?

Cliff

Hi, Kandace.

Could you please provide the URL of your WordPress event and the Eventbrite event created from it so I can compare?

Thank you.

Kandace
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Unfortunately, your Organizer information isn’t viewable on the WordPress link you shared, and I can’t see the Eventbrite page at all because it’s a preview and my account doesn’t have permission to view it (makes sense).

However, I tested my own event and now better understand your request.

Line 281 of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/src/Tribe/API.php is where it gets the Organizer Website URL. It then gets added to the Eventbrite Organizer Description at Line 326.

I do not see a way with our current code to have a website URL stored in WordPress without it pushing to Eventbrite.

Could you please provide some additional insight into the use case for wanting such functionality?

Kandace
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I passed this along to our developers as a bug report, same issue as reported here.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I’m uncertain, but the tribe_eb_api_sync_event filter in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/src/Tribe/API.php filter might come in handy if you need it fixed before we release the fix.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Kandace!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 24 July 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-24-july-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove WordPress Organizer Link’ is closed to new replies.