Overwriting Organizer's Description When Importing Event

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Overwriting Organizer's Description When Importing Event

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Nadia Khastagir
    Participant

Hello,

When I import the events to my website, the organizer description gets overwritten by the permalink of the Organizer on WordPress. So, when I see the Event : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trip-briefing-israel-and-the-occupied-west-bank-tickets-28066482605 the description of the organizer changes to the permalink of the organizer on WordPress. . How can this be avoided? After that, it doesn’t matter if I delete the Event on my website, on Eventbrite the Organizer gets that description (the organizer permalink) by default, and it doesn’t pick up the description given on Eventbrite, under Organizer Profile.

4.2.6 Events calendar PRO
    4.2.1 EventBrite Tickets
    4.6.1 WordPress

Thanks!

Hunter

Hi and welcome back 🙂

I’d be happy to try and reproduce the issue. Before I get started, can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with what you learn?

Thanks for reaching out and have a great afternoon. Cheers 🙂

Nadia Khastagir
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nadia Khastagir
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

This reply is private.

Nadia Khastagir
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hello and sorry for the delayed response,

Thank you for sending over the pastebin snippet link. Apparently it did come through the first time, it just didn’t show on the “back end” of the website where I post my responses. I spent some time reviewing logged bugs to see if I could locate anything, but came up empty-handed.

So I have this clear, the problem is essentially this:

1. Create new event on Eventbrite that has an Organizer and relative Organizer info (description, website).
    2. Import Eventbrite event into WordPress website.
    3. Make changes to imported event on WordPress and save changes.
    4. Organizer info changes on Evenbrite.

Please let me know if this is correct, and if not, provide the best step-by-step instructions and I’ll confirm the behavior and document my findings in my bug report.

Thank you again so much for your patience and have a great afternoon. Cheers!

Nadia Khastagir
    Participant

Hello Hunter,

The problem is:

1. Create new event on Eventbrite that has an Organizer and relative Organizer info (description, website).
    2. Import Eventbrite event into WordPress website
    3. Publish the event on website (Click the Update button)
    4. Organizer info changes on Evenbrite view of the event. Where user goes to register.

Look at the screenshots I shared previously. Looking at the even on Eventbrite initially shows the correct Organizer Description, the one I entered on EventBrite. Once I import the event on WordPress, that Organizer description gets replaced(overwritten) by the url of the organizer in WordPress (see screenshot). Even if I remove the event from the website, the description of the Organizer in Eventbrite view continues to show the URL instead of the description entered on EventBrite.

Let me know if this is clear enough or if I can make it more clear.

Thank you,
    -Andrea

Hunter

Andrea,

That makes perfect sense! Thank you so much for the step-by-step instructions. I was able to reproduce the issue, so I went ahead and logged a bug which we’ll address in an upcoming maintenance release. It would also be helpful if you could respond back with a link to the forum thread you found the snippet you shared with me.

I unfortunately don’t have a workaround in the mean time, but please stay tuned to our Release Notes for more info. Thank you for your patience while we worked on identifying and logging the bug and sorry again and I don’t have a solution for you at the moment. Cheers!

Nadia Khastagir
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Thank you for sending that over and also for your patience. We truly appreciate it! Feel free to create a new thread if anything else comes up. Take care and have a good week. Cheers!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Andrea!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 24 July 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-24-july-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Overwriting Organizer's Description When Importing Event’ is closed to new replies.