Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.9

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.9

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Rob

You’ll notice there were no product releases last month. While we didn’t take a team-wide summer vacation, everyone on the crew had their own distractions — babies, weddings, moving and what have you — that kept us focused on dev and support, but not pushing any products live. But I’m excited to say that we’re back from our month of downtime (if you could call it that), and our first maintenance build since July for The Events Calendar & Events Calendar PRO has just been pushed live. This was a bigger build than we’ve had in a while, and you can see by the release notes that it’s a pretty even mix of features and bug fixes. A lot has changed, so read on before updating…

Release Notes for WordPress Events Calendar 2.0.9:

Small features, UX and Content Tweaks:

• Clarified messaging regarding how a widget template override is done, on the Appearance –> Widgets screen.
    • Allowed for HTML in Additional Fields – a, b, i, em & strong are all accepted. (PRO only).
    • Added a filter for the $content object in the iCal feed (PRO only).
    • Included the forum on the list of helpful resources, under Events –> Settings –> Help.
    • Added asterisks (indicating “required”) to the start/end date fields in the event editor.
    • Added end date to header in list view for multi-day events.
    • Users now have an ability to select “None” on dropdowns created using Additional Fields. (PRO only).
    • Relabeled “Event Custom Fields” to “Additional Event Fields” on the event creation page. (PRO only).
    • Changed the .next and .previous classes for the single.php event navigation to ‘tribe-next’ and ‘tribe-previous’. This change was also made in the stylesheet declarations for these classes in events.css.
    • Added end date for multi-day, all day events in the list widget.
    • The events admin menu bar is now a constant, and can be set to true/false by adding TRIBE_DISABLE_TOOLBAR_ITEMS to your wp-config file.
    • All calls to HTTP are now HTTPS supported.
    • WordPress’ default Custom Fields are now disabled on the event creation page by default for PRO users, unless that site already had custom fields in use at the time 2.0.9 is activated. Custom fields can be re-enabled as you see fit under Events –> Settings –> Additional Fields. (PRO only).
    • The Google Maps checkbox on Events –> Settings –> General is now enabled by default.
    • Updated the modal window that shows upon updating a recurring event, to clarify messaging. (PRO only).
    • The TRIBE_DISABLE_SHOP constant has been removed; use TRIBE_HIDE_UPSELL instead.
    • Various content clarification tweaks throughout the tabs on Events –> Settings.
    • Included new Catalan translation files (PRO only), courtesy of Fran Rosa.

Bug Fixes:

• New venue & organizer are no longer created every time an event draft is saved.
    • Sidebar no longer pushes below calendar/list when using the Sidebar Template.
    • Events that have already ended no longer appear in the widget or list views.
    • Fixed a permalink conflict where events caused a conflict with Yoast-generated XML sitemaps.
    • Cost as zero (“Free”) events now behave the same in free & PRO.
    • Fixed an issue where for certain users, the month dropdown in calendar/grid view showed the previous month by default.
    • Added missing trailing slashes on links generated in calendar/grid view.
    • Published events no longer display “Select a Country:” on the frontend when no address details are entered on the backend.
    • Fixed a bug where editing/saving a recurring event from the backend took you to an entry 1 date in the future.
    • Before/After HTML is now filtered along with the rest of a user’s content.
    • Removed shorthand PHP tags from list.php.
    • Eliminated a “Warning: missing argument” message that showed in certain recurrence patterns.
    • Fixed incorrect “Tutorials” link found under Events –> Settings –> Help.
    • Fixed a pair of unrelated errors in public/template-tags/general.php.
    • Tag cloud widgets no longer lead to 404 errors when clicked from within the calendar.
    • Resolved a bug where the Advanced Post Manager filters conflicted with quickedit when modifying an event. (PRO only).
    • Frontend “Edit Event” in the admin bar no longer takes you to the wrong instance of a recurrence pattern on the backend.
    • Dates for recurring events are no longer incorrect when imported into Google Calendar. (PRO only).
    • Added a missing label back into the datepicker.php file.
    • Fixed an issue where the calendar widget’s next/previous month links failed to load in certain situations. (PRO only).

We look forward to hearing your feedback after you’ve updated. Questions? Complaints? Spare change? Let us know in the comments below. While we tested this pretty extensively, it’s always possible we broke something in our development efforts — and if you bring it to our attention we’ll do our best to get it fixed quickly.

And thanks, as always, for your support and help in making this product better with each release.

Andy Fragen

Users now have an ability to select “None” on dropdowns created using Additional Fields.

This does mess up my plugin a bit but I’m sure I can code it in. As my Alarm plugin has values for ‘Off, 15, 30, 60’ to automatically be added to a new Additional Field dropdown, what I now see is ‘None, Off, 15, 30, 60’.

Interesting, but as long as I know you will always keep the ‘None’ there and it’s always positioned at the top of the list, I can fix it.

Andy Fragen

Also, be sure to reset your preferred Template. It seems to revert back to ‘Default Page Template’ even if ‘Default Event Template’ had been previously selected.

Andy Fragen

In Help tab, it says current version is 2.0.8, I am running 2.0.9. 😉

Antonio
    Participant

I’ve lost all setting with this update. Should I copy from backup dbem_* fields to resolve this or need I to reinsert all custom field and setting manually?

Antonio
    Participant

Find it into a backup copy of tribe_events_calendar_options field. Thanks

Marc
    Participant

Very annoying that settings get lost in the update.

Noticed a new bug: the advanced sidebar list widget seems to ignore unchecking end time and add the end time to the display.

jacob

Since the update the end dates are now displaying even though they are unchecked in the widgets list feature.
    Also since update my server takes forever to load or gets a server 500 error. Deactivated events pro and it loads fast. Can’t figure it out. My site cant run with out the events. 🙁

Marc
    Participant

Couldn’t quite figure out what the change was in the events-advanced-list-load-widget-display.php file.

Intermediate solution for the events wrongly displaying end time in the widget is uploading the 2.08 version of events-advanced-list-load-widget-display.php in your themes /event folder. Doesn’t seem to bring about other issues for me.

Angelia
    Participant

Events calendar updated to 2.0.9 but Pro is at 2.0.5. License key is loaded and valid. No update option showing on plugin menu. Getting message to Update Now but nothing happens when I select. Don’t understand how to synch up versions. Help.

David
    Participant

Bug fixes:
    Events that have already ended no longer appear in the widget or list views
    In: events-advanced-list-load-widget-display.php keeps working wrong, showing you the events that are already finished on that day:
    I show you the widget screenshot:
    http://screencast.com/t/txfOma0aRL
    An the event’s detail:
    http://screencast.com/t/qsMaYXVopZek
    http://blog.fxforaliving.com/

jacob

I need two answers
    1. how do i remove the ending date and time from the widgets list?
    2. how many events can I have listed with pro? I have over 16,000 events and now i am getting server500 errors because its timing out trying to access the data base. Is there anyway to fix this? i have to deactivated pro otherwise my site will not load at all. Help please!

Angelia
    Participant

Resolved #post-25379 above. Update available today in plugins.
    Now have diff issue. Calenday only shows current month events, not new ones for Oct. Picking October month produces 404 error.

Rob

Hi folks. Thanks for the follow-ups here. There have been a number of folks commenting and so I’m going to do my best to address each of yours – going forward let’s break whatever remains as open issues out into their own threads, so we can get members of the support team to take a look directly.

*Andy*: sorry to mess up your alarm plugin 🙁 I hope it doesn’t create too much of a headache for you in that regard. You are absolutely correct about the template resetting, and that should be fixed for the next release. Where are you seeing 2.0.8 in the HELP tab? It’s showing 2.0.9 on my end (http://d.pr/i/qvy1), but I may be looking in the wrong spot.

*Antonio:* Glad to hear you got this sorted. As I noted to Andy there, the template / settings reset issue is a known one that we’re working to patch for the next release. Good to know other users have a workaround as needed based on the tip you provided, though.

*Marc:* I definitely feel your pain on the Settings reset issue, and apologize for the inconvenience on that end. Rest assured that is a top priority for the next build. In terms of the widget, that’s also a bug we introduced this go-around but have a fix available. You’ll want to use this file: http://cl.ly/code/2g3x3R0c0z1s. Just replace the code in the file or the file itself in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/views/events-advanced-list-load-widget-display.php. Basically, the problem was that we reintroduced some code that doesn’t respond to the checkbox setting to not show the end date. If you find that you’re having problems with this new code (it’s working fine on my end), let me know.

*Jacob:* your widget settings should be fixed via the item I shared with Marc above. Let me know if not. the 500 error you’re receiving isn’t something we’ve had other reports of or been able to recreate…I’m wondering if something specific to your install is at play here. It is inevitable that the more events there are, the more impact that’s going to have on load time…but things shouldn’t time out by any means unless there is a limitation on your server. We can help out here but please open a new thread with a link to the site so we can check it out directly.

*David:* I believe your issue, too, is the same one that my suggestion to Marc above ought to remedy. Let me know if I’ve misunderstood you there, though.

*Angelia:* It sounds like, if I understand correctly, you’re all set in terms of updating the plugins. Great to hear on that end (sometimes the update prompt takes a few days to hit). The issue you’re noting here doesn’t sound to be specific to the plugin, though, which makes me think something else is at play – a conflict of some kind, for example. Have you re-configured your Events -> Settings page (specifically the events SLUG and the TEMPLATE) and find that this issue still persists? If so, do you mind posting a new thread with a link so we can try to assist directly?

David
    Participant

Hi Rob, thanks for the quick answere, but that is not my issue.
    I’ll explain you:
    The widget shows you all the events of one day, and it doesn’t exclude the ones that are already finished!
    It works fine as it doesn’t show previous days events (yesterday events for instance), but it shows you today’s events, even if they have already finished as the end time is over.
    Look, this is a screenshot taken the 20th at 20:50: http://screencast.com/t/RpU2LyjePnXy
    The plugin shows three events, and the first one has already finished 10 hours ago!
    You can be sure of that because if I select that event it lets you know that the event has already finished. You can check it out on this screenshot:
    http://screencast.com/t/BHxN4E72g
    The issue comes even from the previous plugin version, no just this upgrade.
    I hope this clarifies.

http://blog.fxforaliving.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.9’ is closed to new replies.