Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.10

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Rob

It’s that time again…our October-November maintenance build is officially out, and The Events Calendar / Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10 were both released this afternoon. We also updated each of the add-ons (mostly minor tweaks) and are releasing WooTickets 1.0 tomorrow. As this will probably be the last round of maintenance builds for 2012, we tried to fix in as many of the higher profile bugs that have been reported from our users. Here’s the specific breakdown of what to expect:

Release Notes for WordPress Events Calendar 2.0.10:

Small features, UX and Content Tweaks:

• Improved the events.js to avoid animation build up.
    • Included code required for the forthcoming WooTickets add-on to function properly.
    • Incorporated new Ukrainian translation files (free only), courtesy of Alexey Fedorov.
    • Incorporated new French translation files (free only), courtesy of Fanny Héraud.

Bug Fixes:

• Tested fully against the new WordPress Twenty Twelve theme and cleared up aesthetic issues where needed.
    • Removed “Organizer” and “Venue” panels from the Appearance -> Menus screen (core only).
    • Fixed a bug where the option to show/hide an event’s end date in the Events Advanced List Widget did not work (PRO only).
    • There was previously no modal window when trashing individual instances of a recurring event; that is no more.
    • Cleaned up event query filters to prevent conflicts.
    • Event-specific settings no longer revert to default upon updating the plugin.
    • Rewrite rules are no longer one step behind (meaning you won’t need to flush permalinks as often).
    • Warnings/notices no longer litter the page in instances where no upcoming events are scheduled.
    • Default permalinks are no longer malformed.
    • Removed a PressTrends-generated notice that appeared upon activation.
    • Removed remaining sp_ functions.
    • Fixed an issue where default permalinks caused multiple errors when viewing a recurring event and venue page (PRO only).
    •  Removed various notices/errors from core + PRO.

Users should have begun receiving update prompts already; but remember that if you don’t, you can always go to Dashboard -> Updates and manually check again. Remember that each new add-on release is dependent on this 2.0.10 code to function…so update Events/PRO before updating any add-on to ensure as smooth an experience as possible.

Audra
    Participant

Hi, I just did the update to the 2.0.10 and it completely changed my site layout:( can I change it back to the 2.0.9 as I didn’t appear to be having any issues with that one.

Thanks,
    Audra

Michael
    Participant

2 Quick notes:

I had upgrade notices for both Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO, decided to upgrade one by one, Events Calendar first. When I returned to the Plugins screen, PRO had no upgrade notice anymore, had to download it manually.

On the Venues > Add New and Organizers > Add New screens, the submenu on the left still goes missing (ie ‘Events’ istn’t highlighted, and its sub menu is hidden).
    It’s not a browser compatibility issue – the wp-has-current-submenu and wp-menu-open classes are missing from the Events li in #adminmenu.

Mac
    Participant

How to revert to 2.0.9? ASAP. You guys really need to work on notification of dependencies when you push an upgrade for the free plugin through the loop. Security conscious folks tend to be expedient on upgrades. A note that told us that updating Calendar Events would then require updating PRO and Community Events premium plugins would have been professional and courteous. AND… providing a link to expired licenses with no form of action for renewal is a disservice. There is a broken short code of some sort there. THEN… I see comments in this forum that indicates bugs that affect critical areas such as layout and function. Come on!

Audra
    Participant

I want to add to my post above, I have both the free and pro version with an active license.

robert
    Participant

I updated to 2.0.10 and now the time shows on the widget. I only want the date, not the time to appear. I unchecked the “Start Date & Time” box in the widget and the time is still showing. What to do?

Leah

Hi everyone,

Apologies to anyone having trouble with the update. Can you help us out by starting some new threads with the details on the problems you’re experiencing? We don’t do support over the weekends, but we’ll be able to help out on Monday and get things sorted. Thank you for your patience and support.

Cheers,
    Leah

rappnews
    Participant

Updated The Events Calendar to 2.0.10; no problem. But the red alert appeared at the top of the plug-in page saying version of Event Calendar Pro did not match; at the same time, the ECP entry in the plug-in list no longer showed that an upgrade was necessary, even though it was clearly at 2.0.9. So when you click the “upgrade now” link in the alert, WP goes through the upgrade process but returns an error: plug-in is at latest version. Seems the TEC upgrade is setting a flag for the Pro version that it shouldn’t be.
    Roger

Mac
    Participant

Roger, I think the ideal sequence would be to update the PRO plugin first, then the addons and then The Events Calendar. I had similar problems to yours except my PRO license had expired Oct 18 and the update was my reminder. I was getting the red alert and the theme layout was thrown out of whack when viewing Venues. I did save $30 by renewing my license today. 🙂 But I had several hours of nonbillable nonproductive hours that threw a wrench in my needed-to-be production schedule. 🙁 The remedy was not to use the update plugin function but to deactivate and delete the PRO 2.0.9 version then download and manually install the new PRO plugin. There was no loss of data and everything seems to work fine. Layout issue resolved.

Leah

For anyone having updating issues, please check out this Note on Updating: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/a-note-on-updating-please-read/

If you follow those instructions and are still having trouble, feel free to start a new thread in the forum.

Thanks,
    Leah

Sheila
    Participant

So I have a similar problem. Client updated the free plug-in from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10 but license is expired for updates. So they have a red warning and may not want to pay to buy another license. Can I disable and delete the 2.0.10 and just add back in 2.0.9 and all will match correctly and red notice will go away? Then when they find the bucks we can update everything in the correct order. They also have the Community Events add-on v 1.0.4. Will that work? Thanks.

Leah

Sheila- I believe I answered your questions in your post on the Pre-Sales forum. If not, please respond there and I’ll add to my response.
    Thanks,
    Leah

Sheila
    Participant

Yup…got it. Thanks. Awaiting the code via email. Glad I asked!

Leah

Thanks Sheila!

Leonard
    Participant

we are also having conflict issues after the update…our drop down menus and homepage slider stopped working. if i deactivate event cal they work again…also sent an email.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.10’ is closed to new replies.