Release: Hotfix for WP 3.5 bugs in Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10 & Community 1.0.4

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Release: Hotfix for WP 3.5 bugs in Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10 & Community 1.0.4

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Leah

Release: Hotfix for WP 3.5 bugs in Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10 & Community 1.0.4
    Published on: December 14, 2012 | Categories: News, Release Notes

As some of you may be aware, there were a couple of bugs that emerged in Community Events & Events Calendar PRO with the release of WordPress 3.5 earlier this week. These issues impacted both the display of the backend events list and your frontend events/community submission form. Once these were reported to us, we got the team together to strategize a fix and figured out the most effective course of action last night.

As of a few minutes ago, hotfixes have been released for Community Events 1.0.4 and Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10 (the core The Events Calendar was not impacted). To get the latest code:

Log into the tri.be website with the credentials you used to purchase Events Calendar PRO and/or Community Events.
    Navigate to Account Central -> Downloads.
    Re-download Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10 and/or Community Events 1.0.4.
    Overwrite the old version(s) of Events Calendar PRO and/or Community Events 1.0.4 with the newly-downloaded files.

Keep in mind that the version numbers will not change with the new code — this was a hotfix, rather than a fresh release. It also means that users will not be provided with an update prompt, as this technically is not a new build. Anyone who experienced problems with the 3.5 update on PRO/Community will need to take the steps outlined above to fix the issue.

Thanks to everyone for being diligent in reporting the bugs quickly. If anything else emerges as you continue to use your freshly-updated WordPress 3.5 site, let us know over at the forums and we’ll do our best to get them sorted.

Cheers,
    The Modern Tribe Support Team

David Broome
    Participant

Leah, Hello – I swapped out the “events-calendar-pro” folder but the issues is still there. Hum… I also tried disabling the “The Events Calendar Pro” plugin and say the options like repeating go away but the text of the events was still white on white. Any ideas?

Leah

Hi David,

The issue you’re having is intriguing and I’ll help you get to the bottom of things so we can get your site working. Would you mind starting a separate thread for this with a detailed description of what you saw before updating and what you see now? That will help us get started with troubleshooting.

Cheers,
    Leah

Sheila
    Participant

Hot fix worked for me. THANKS!

Leah

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know Sheila.

Christian
    Participant

Hi,

I have calendar pro and community events on two sites. The first site (sunnysidepost.com) some one did it for me.
    However, on the second site (licpost.com) I can’t get the icon next to the calendar to say ‘add your event’ (events/community/add/). I bought the licpost community event plugin after the 3.5 wordpress fix was made.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Christian

Leah

Hey Christian,

We’d be happy to help you out, but would you mind starting a new thread that further details the issues you’re having? That would be helpful.

We are doing little forum support this week, but someone will respond after New Years if not before. Thanks for you patience.

Cheers,
    Leah

Selig
    Participant

Hotfix worked fine. Thanks for quick fix was about ready to kick my monitor in when I thought to check with you.

Leah

Thanks Selig! Glad your monitor is safe 🙂

Matt
    Participant

How exactly do I install this without deleting my events? When I upload I’m told the folder already exists. I don’t want to delete and start over.

Leah

Hi Matt,

You may need to delete the previous install of the plugin before installing the hotfix. Your events and other information are saved within the database and should not be lost, although we always recommend that you back up your data before updating.

Cheers,
    Leah

Yvonne
    Participant

http://www.ctproductsandservices.com
    On Menu, when user clicks on “submit event” there is an error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::in_admin() in /home/yajansse/public_html/ctproductsandservices.com/wp-includes/load.php on line 587
    Am getting this, according to my webhost tech. But I have no problem to add events from my wordpress dashboard. WordPress is updated to version 3.5, and I already contacted my webhost for assistance. My host replaced the core files of my wordpress to see if any of them were corrupt, it did not fix the error.
    The Events Calendar:2.0.10
    The Events Calendar: Community Events: 1.0.4
    The Events Calendar PRO: 2.0.10

Leah

Hi Yvonne,

I’m sorry to see you’re having trouble. It sounds like you need to download the latest versions of Community Events and The Events Calendar PRO and install them on your site. Although the version numbers (1.0.4 and 2.0.10) are the same, the most recent versions are the hotfixes and are needed for integration with WordPress 3.5.

If you have further trouble, please post a new thread in the Community Events forum at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/forum/events/community-events/

Cheers,
    Leah

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Release: Hotfix for WP 3.5 bugs in Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10 & Community 1.0.4’ is closed to new replies.