Refresh Events Archive manually with JS/jQuery

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Refresh Events Archive manually with JS/jQuery

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gregorian
    Participant

Hi

I’d like to manually refresh the events archive with JS or jQuery. Is there any function I can use in a self-written script?

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Gregorian!

I am not aware of a particular function that you could use to do this, but you can find a list of events functions here. Our themer’s guide is also a great place to start when customizing our plugins.

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know – I’ll be happy to try to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

gregorian
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

So my problem is, that I want to automatically set a language-filter, when the website is set to a specific language. Until now I succeed to set the current language filter checked on website language change with jQuery. Now I got stuck with applying this checked filter to the events-archive. Is there any jQuery- or JS-Function, I could use for this?

Thanks
    Gregor

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Gregor,

Just to clarify what you are looking for here, it sounds like you want to switch the language for events when a user changes the site to a different language on the front end, is that correct? Or are you trying to display different events based on the language that the user selects (and are they doing this in Filter Bar or by some other means)?

If you’ve added a button or a language list to your calendar, you’ll need to trigger the function/method to change the language and not simply refresh the page; you might  a look at  tribe_events_calendar_ajax_post() function in the-events-calendar/src/resources/js/tribe-events-ajax-calendar.js That function covers some actions that might be helpful.

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

gregorian
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

Thanks for your reply! I think you understood it right. I’d like, that when I switch the websites-language the language-filter (made by custom fields) check the websites-language and refresh the event-results in the archive automatically based on the new filter-selection.

I’m not sure, if your recommended function is the one I’m looking for.
    What is the easiest way to call the function after clicking on the websites language selection? What can you recommend?

Thanks
    Gregor

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Gregor,

You would need to bind the function you’ve written to change the language to the filter you’re using so that it gets called when that filter is changed…without seeing any of your code, unfortunately I think this is the extent of the recommendations that we can provide.

If you need further assistance, we may be able to assist you further. We do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time but I’ll certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.

In the meantime, if there is any more information you can share (including mocks) that will help us to better understand what you are seeking please do feel free to add it to this ticket. We will also need the rest of your code, which you can add to this thread via a link to a gist. Keep in mind that we will not be able to code this out for you, but we might be able to provide some more specific recommendations.

If you urgently need help with this, however, you may instead wish to consider working with a suitably skilled developer or designer who can offer the additional level of support you require.

Please let me know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Refresh Events Archive manually with JS/jQuery’ is closed to new replies.