Redirect to custom login

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Redirect to custom login

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    smythkowalczyk
    Participant

Can I redirect users to a custom login page (siteurl/login) when logged out users try to access the community submission areas? Instead of the default login that shows.

Nico

Hi @smythkowalczyk,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

While there’s no settings to do this, Brain gave a nice explanation on how this works and how to customize it here.

Please check that thread and let me know if it answers your question,
    Best,
    Nico

smythkowalczyk
    Participant

Sorry, I don’t really understand. I have the settings to only allow logged in users to submit events. So when I type in the url’s: events/add or events/list I get the login form shown here:login

Is this from wordpress or events calendar. I’d like it to route to my custom login url if possible. Or just a plain message to say that you must be logged in to access…

Nico

Hey Smyth,

Thanks for following up with this!

The form you are seeing is generated by WordPress, via the wp_login_form function.

Can you send over your site url? Not sure of how this is displaying in the site, Are you only seeing the login form?

Best,
    Nico

smythkowalczyk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

smythkowalczyk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hey Smyth,

Thanks for your patience on this! To redirect the user to your custom form just add the snippet below to your theme functions.php file:

add_action ( 'tribe_ce_event_submission_login_form', 'tribe_ce_redirect_login' );

function tribe_ce_redirect_login ( ) {
    	wp_safe_redirect( site_url('/login/') );
    	exit;
    }

You can append a redirect_to parameter in the URL to redirect the user to the submit event form after the login if the custom login plugin supports it.

Please give the snippet a try and let me know,
    Best,
    Nico

smythkowalczyk
    Participant

Nico, that’s MONEY! One more thing though. I get the same ugly login if a logged out user tries to access the list page. Any way to add that to the code?

Nico

Music to my ears Smyth! We can hook the same function to the tribe_ce_event_list_login_form action…

add_action ( 'tribe_ce_event_submission_login_form', 'tribe_ce_redirect_login' );
    add_action ( 'tribe_ce_event_list_login_form', 'tribe_ce_redirect_login' );

function tribe_ce_redirect_login ( ) {
    wp_safe_redirect( site_url('/login/') );
    exit;
    }

Please give it a try and let me know,
    Best,
    Nico

smythkowalczyk
    Participant

Outstanding! You do nice work Nico. Thanks again.
    Smyth

Nico

Glad to be of service Smyth 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best wishes for the holidays,
    Nico

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Redirect to custom login’ is closed to new replies.