Recurring Events with varying venue

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring Events with varying venue

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rod Weston

We are interested in using Events Calendar Pro but we have one question. We have recurring events (Chamber of Commerce meetings, for example) that change venues for each meeting. It appears that we can edit individual events after the recurring event has been established, but we just want confirmation that we can change the venue for each individual event.

Leah

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your interest. To be part of a recurring event series, the event data, including venue, must match. Although you can go in and change an event in the series, changing it will essentially break it out of the recurring series. It may work for you to create a year-long recurring event and then go in and manually change each venue. Just understand that once you do that, the meetings won’t show up as recurring events. Does that make sense, and answer the question?

Cheers,
    Leah

Rod Weston

As I understand it, we can create the recurring event, then go into each instance of that event and change the venue. However, this action will render them all as individual events rather than one recurring event. There will be no way to update the recurring event and have it reflected to all events.

Leah

Exactly. You just explained it much better than I did 🙂

~Leah

jaycorz
    Participant

Hi guys. I have the same question still. As I edit one event in a Recurring Event it edits all of them. Is there something I may be missing?
    Thanks.

Leah

Hey folks,

My apologies, I forgot that we had a little issue with this feature in the most recent releases. There should be a box that pops up whenever you edit a recurring event which asks if you’d like to edit all event in the series or to break out that particular event. We have it completely fixed in the upcoming version 3.0, but meanwhile we have a patch for you in this thread. That should help you get thinks working properly jaycorz. If you have further issues with that, please post in our PRO forum.

Rod, you’ll also want to implement that patch if you want to get started on your site now. Once we release The Events Calendar 3.0 this won’t be an issue, so if you start with that version you won’t need to worry about this.

Cheers,
    Leah

jaycorz
    Participant

There we go! Thanks Leah!

Leah

I’m glad that helped jaycorz! Thanks for your patience and understanding while we get that fully fixed and into the base code.

~Leah

Ben
    Participant

This does not seem to have worked for me. I am experiencing the same (or a similar) problem. If I edit one instance of a recurring event I do not get a popup dialogue box. Instead, all previous instances of the event are deleted and all future instances of the event are modified.

I tried the solution here but it did not work for me. I’m running Pro 2.0.11.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/reccuring-events-break-out/

Rob

Hey Ben. Thanks for the note here, and for reporting this issue. We can definitely help you out here…but mind posting a new thread in the PRO forum, so we can have the PRO team hit it? This forum is for pre-sale issues and might not be the best place for it.

Thanks in advance. Once the thread is up, we’ll be in touch with haste.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events with varying venue’ is closed to new replies.