Recurring events / times and other issues incorrect when published.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events / times and other issues incorrect when published.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    azdancecoalition
    Participant

Hello,
    We continue to have issues with ‘recurring events’ posts. I just corrected a recurring post for a member, and now it shows the wrong times and added an extra event on the first night. I have attached images. Basically the event is Fri-Sat at 7:30 pm, and Sun 2 pm. What comes up are two events on the first night 7:30 and 9 pm, 7:30 on Sat, and 9 pm Sunday instead of 2 pm. Some members have played with changing the date A LOT OF TIMES so that it shows up the right time when published. Weird. This event is in September, so I’d like to get it right. If I put in the right information, I don’t know why it comes out wrong. All time zone data is correct in the setup. Krystyna

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Krystyna,

So sorry for the delay here – I tested this out on my end, but I was not able to recreate this issue locally…the times were showing up correctly on my end. You mentioned that your timezone settings are correct – can you double check that you are using the Location timezone instead of the UTC offset timezone under Settings > General > Timezone? I would also recommend reviewing this article regarding timezones, just to double check your settings, as timezone discrepancies are a common source of event times displaying incorrectly.

As a first step in troubleshooting this, can you try running through the steps outlined here to check for any conflicts that might be occuring with your theme or other plugins? Please make sure to have WP_DEBUG enabled during testing and copy/paste any errors that you see here. You can also check for Javascript errors on the page by right-clicking, clicking “Inspect”, and looking in the console while you try to recreate the issue.

You can use a plugin like Health Check to help speed up this process, and if you don’t have a staging site already, the free Duplicator or WP Staging plugins can help you get one set up.

Please let me know what you find!

Thanks,

Jennifer

azdancecoalition
    Participant

Hi,
    I went to Time Zone Settings and the two options are: 1) use manual time zones (which I had), and 2) use the site-wide time zone everywhere – which I now selected. We’ll see what happens. Krystyna

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Krystyna,

Thanks for checking that! Please let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

Mathew
    Participant

Krystyna,

I’ve seen this issue and have been able to duplicate it in a clean test environment.

There were changes made in the TEC Pro version 4.4.31 related to recurrences. It’s at the very top of the release notes.

Rolling back to version TEC Pro version 4.4.30 resolves the issue.

Hope this helps.

azdancecoalition
    Participant

Hello Matthew,
    Thank you for your work. I will see if it is easy to revert back. Never did that before. Do you know what ‘benefits’ I will be missing by reverting? Will they be correcting this problem in a newer version? Krystyna

azdancecoalition
    Participant

OK… determined you were referring to the PRO version. I don’t see how I can revert back to 4.4.30. Is there a tutorial or is it so simple you can tell me in a few steps? Don’t want to screw anything up. Krystyna

Mathew
    Participant

Krystyna,

Here’s a tutorial on how to revert to a previous version in four simple steps.

Following the tutorial, you will not loose your events when deactivating, deleting and then installing the older plugin.

As it mentions in Step 1, it is recommended to back things up. The most important thing to backup is your database. It’s always a good precaution.

As for what loss of benefits you will miss by reverting, look at it this way. If you weren’t having an issue before the update, then your not missing anything. If you look at the release notes for each update and spot something that looks of interest, then you would be missing that particular fix. You have to weigh your options when there’s an issue with an update. “Can I live with it until they fix the update?” or roll-back to a previous version and wait for the update.

As for when will it be fixed? I cannot speak to that. It up to the development staff. They first need to acknowledge and reproduce the issue.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for chiming in here!

So far I have not been able to replicate this on my end – can you please share a screenshot of the settings that you had under Events > Settings > General & Events > Settings > Display along with a screenshot of the rules that you were using when you were able to replicate this? Once I can recreate it on my end, then I can log it for our developers to take a look at.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Mathew
    Participant

Jennifer,

I’ve posted a video reproducing the issue. It’s in this ticket.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks Mathew!

Krystyna, I’ve linked your thread to our internal ticket for this, so as soon as we have an update on this, we’ll let you know here.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing, and thank you for your patience as we work on getting this resolved!

azdancecoalition
    Participant

Hello – I’m sharing an image of the ‘date’ selection in creating an event. These tiny calendars are overlapping. Maybe this was since the updated PRO plugin too. I’m going to enter some ‘once’ occurring events and see what happens. Krystyna

azdancecoalition
    Participant

On this new ‘recurring’ event (Bolshoi Ballet in Cinema), I added all the ‘once’ occurrences and received an ERROR 500 message. It then gave me a new ‘enter event’ page. The event is posted on November 11 (when I when to the monthly view of the calendar page live). But only the first date shows up. The other ‘once’ occurrences were Dec 2, 22, Jan 20, March 10, April 7 and May 19. I’m going to leave it as is until I hear from you. I don’t want to re-enter it all those times. Krystyna

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Krystyna, quick update here – this issue with the date picker has been confirmed and logged. As with the other issues, I’ve linked your thread to it, so we’ll update you here soon.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues here! We are working hard to get them resolved and release fixes as quickly as we can.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events / times and other issues incorrect when published.’ is closed to new replies.