Recurring events time is off…

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Recurring events time is off…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    commweb
    Participant

Hello, I am experiencing the same problem. When I add a recurring event the first event in the series the time is correct. However all of the events after are anywhere from 4 to 5 hours off. For instance if my event is tomorrow at 12pm to 5pm that one will be fine, all events that reoccur after that one will show a time of 4pm – 9pm. I am on EST (UTC-5) as well.

I have all of the plugins updated, and gone through the disabling of everything else but ETC and get the same issue.

Please advise.

Thank you.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/google-calendar-import-on-single-event-one-hour-difference/

Barry

Thanks for contacting us — and I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced problems.

I’d love to start by confirming a few things: you initially noted you had the same problem as described in this topic. However, that involves importing events from Google Calendar whereas it sounds like, in your case, the problem relates to recurring events and perhaps there is no connection with Google Calendar — is that correct?

I have all of the plugins updated, and gone through the disabling of everything else but ETC and get the same issue.

Thank you for doing this, your time spent trying this is appreciated.

Can you confirm, though, if after deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default WordPress theme, you created a new series of recurring events? If so, did the problem impact those newly created events also?

I felt it was important to confirm this because, in the past, users have hit up against this problem and found that deactivating their plugins etc makes no difference to the events that have already been created and impacted by this problem. However, it’s often the case that by this point the ‘damage’ has already been done to those events and so a better test is to create a fresh series.

Thanks – and let me know if you need me to elaborate further 🙂

commweb
    Participant

You are correct, I don’t actually have a google calendar problem it’s just the times for recurring events. That was my fault, sorry. I did add a new recurring event when I had everything disabled and still got the same result with the times being off 4-5hrs.

thanks.

Barry

OK – thanks for confirming.

I looked at your site and there are some interesting patterns there, but what I’d love is if you could link me to a specific example and additionally provide screenshots of the recurrence settings (from within the event editor), with details expanded for each recurrence rule.

This will help to provide us with a clearer picture and – hopefully! – we’ll be able to progress things from there 🙂

commweb
    Participant

Interesting patterns oh no. Hopefully these screens will clarify things for you. In the first screen, obviously is the back-end where I entered the event. I highlighted the times for the event. In the second shot you can see the front end once it’s published where the first day of the event has the correct time but all other events in the series the times are shifted by 5hrs.

Here is a link to the actual event I posted.
    https://www.hocoarts.org/event/new-recurring-event/all/

Thanks!

Barry

Thanks for those extra details!

Unfortunately, I’m no further forward in terms of being able to replicate – on using the very same settings as in your screenshot the result is as expected and there is no displacement as you are experiencing.

I wouldn’t want to cause disruption by means of further testing on your live site, so I wonder if you have a test site available or if you can create one (this could be as simple as installing WordPress in a subdirectory, ie example.com/testwp, which is a pretty fast and easy process with most web hosting control panels).

In that clean test environment – and I do appreciate how similar this is to the troubleshooting you have already done – it would be great to see if you can replicate the same thing with only a default theme and our own plugins running, and nothing else.

If you can, that could be helpful in figuring out if this might be an environmental issue of some kind.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events time is off…’ is closed to new replies.